03/04 Torch Red

Secesh

Established Member
Is there any difference between the two years? Some pictures remind me of the Rio Red, others look like they have a serious Orange tint to them. Lighting?

Secesh

Established Member
BlackSabbath said:
They are the same. Are you sure one wasn't redfire?

I don't believe so, I've had colors similar to Redfilre. Just looking through the Market section the Torch Red's look different, that's why I thought it could be the lighting. I loved the Rio Red that was on my '99. I just don't want something that looks half red, half orange.

BWH2003

Established Member
Definitely lighting. My friend had his 03 torch red right next to my 04 at a local hangout under a lighted sign and his car looked comp orange while mine still looked red. A guy was talkin to us and mentioned he like my friends orange color better. We just looked at each other both knowing they are the same color.

Its all about how the light is hitting the color. One day it will be and orange color the next red.

BlackSabbath

Established Member
That is very true. In the bright sunshine my Redfire has a very different look than at dusk. I like the way it looks better in the early AM or PM light.

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
I would call Torch Red more of a solid Red Color, where Red Fire is a metallic crimson. That kinda has a weird color change depending on the sun.

Users who are viewing this thread