03/04 stock cobra camshaft center line specifications?

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
I need centerline specs for an 03/04 stock cobra cams.
I found the cam specs but not the centerline spec.
I would like degree my stock cams using the center line method on my latest build.
Anybody?
Thanks
MB

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Very little gains in degreeing stock cams. Nothing wrong with learning how to do it though. Reach out to Todd Warren and he can give you some better centerline numbers to degree to based on your combo. [email protected]

cj428mach

Established Member
Looks like you're putting a little effort into your build but obviously keeping it stockish for a reason. You might look at 96-98 Cobra Cams since they give you 20+ more degrees of duration on intake and in my opinion the equally important 12mm cam bolt. I did the swap on mine and am glad I did, I did the exhaust too even though the cam profile is the same but I wanted the bigger cam gear bolt.

Also throw on a Cobra engineering pass side tensioner.

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
keeping it stockish Hmm
LOL..
Well, I have to confess.
If you read my engine build, I posted on Terminator talk recently.
(What did you do to your terminator today)

I'm a little bit off from stockish. LOL
I do like your suggestion on installing 96-98 Cobra cams for good reasons you pointed out...

I'm on the fence about keeping the Comp Cams I installed and spent the time to degree them in properly in my build. Or go with a stockish set of cams in the interest to keep the drivability stock.

Soo maybe I will keep the Comp Cams. The tradeoff is 20-30 more HP,
or stockish drivability.

What do you all think???
Stock cams or not???
Thanks for all the good inputs, guys.
MB New Boss 5.0 Stroker build for boost...

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
keeping it stockish Hmm
LOL..
Well, I have to confess.
If you read my engine build, I posted on Terminator talk recently.
(What did you do to your terminator today)

I'm a little bit off from stockish. LOL
I do like your suggestion on installing 96-98 Cobra cams for good reasons you pointed out...

I'm on the fence about keeping the Comp Cams I installed and spent the time to degree them in properly in my build. Or go with a stockish set of cams in the interest to keep the drivability stock.

Soo maybe I will keep the Comp Cams. The tradeoff is 20-30 more HP,
or stockish drivability.

What do you all think???
Stock cams or not???
Thanks for all the good inputs, guys.
MB New Boss 5.0 Stroker build for boost...

I'm not a true cam expert but I've had enough experience to know that most people over cam and I'll take driveability over lope any day. It'll help that you have some more cubes and that eats up camshafts but it seems to me most people over cam these motors with 230-240 degrees of duration. Modular Head Shop has always had much more reasonable grinds. Their stage 2 cams I think would be a good streetable setup with its not so extreme duration.

At the very least I'd talk to @MalcolmV8 about degreeing what you got. I think he changed his aftermarket cams once or twice and then redegreed them a lot to get what he says is stock like driveability. If you know Malcolm he's very picky on his setups.

Users who are viewing this thread