03/04 Small Battery

BLKXTC

Established Member
Where can I find any info on the small cell batterys for our cobra cars and is anyone running these.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I run the dynabatt. It's sold by Davis Unified Ignitions(DUI). You can find their adds in most of the mustang mags or just google it. It weighs 13.5lbs. I think Summit is also selling one now too, but I don't know to much about it. Mine works great, but you don't want to leave accessories on without the motor running. That will drain it pretty quick. I can play the stereo while I was the car, but any longer than that will kill it.

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
dynabatt or batcap. I currently have a batcap 2000 and a batcap 800. The batcap 800 is 1/4 the size of a traditional battery and has 800 cold cranking amps. 70% battery 30% capacitor. The 2000 works great. It has a 2000 cold cranking amp peak.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I did a bunch of research on this and after talking with Almo, went with the Hawker Odyssey PC680 through Portable Power Systems for $82.50. Battery has performed great, but I haven't had a chance to weigh it yet. No problem thus far with running my IC pump at the track with the motor off. Great way to get about 30 lbs off of the front of these cars though......

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
IronTerp said:
I did a bunch of research on this and after talking with Almo, went with the Hawker Odyssey PC680 through Portable Power Systems for $82.50. Battery has performed great, but I haven't had a chance to weigh it yet. No problem thus far with running my IC pump at the track with the motor off. Great way to get about 30 lbs off of the front of these cars though......
That's an awesome price too. I think mine was $119. Mine runs the ic pump at the track fine as well, but just don't leave accessories on for hours.

racebronco2

Established Member
IronTerp said:

i did the same as above with no problems after almost 2 years.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.

blair6389

Established Member
can we still put them in out stock battery location or are you guys puting them in the trunk..?

Also is 265cca's anough for DD?

I also heard you want to go w/the MJ which is military grade which makes it alot more durable, but they only ofer that in the 680 i believe

Last edited:

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
blair6389 said:
can we still put them in out stock battery location or are you guys puting them in the trunk..?

Also is 265cca's anough for DD?

I also heard you want to go w/the MJ which is military grade which makes it alot more durable, but they only ofer that in the 680 i believe
mj = metal jacket, to withstand areas of extreme heat, mj is ok for stock location next to motor

SlowSVT

Established Member
keep in mind a small battery won't have much reserve capacity. It will discharge faster then a larger one. For a DD I would stick with a wet cell

Users who are viewing this thread