03/04 rims

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
Hey guys, I need some help! Do you guys know where i can buy chrome OEM03/04 rims at? Any help would be great! thanks again for the help!

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Nowhere.

Unless you can find some used you are going to have to do what I'm going doing and have the stock ones chromed. Ford stopped carrying them about a year and a half ago. There are a few websites online that say that they have them but when you go to order them they are "out of stock".

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
Nowhere.

Unless you can find some used you are going to have to do what I'm going doing and have the stock ones chromed. Ford stopped carrying them about a year and a half ago. There are a few websites online that say that they have them but when you go to order them they are "out of stock".

Yeah thats what i got to when i went searching for them. I dont want to have to do that if i dont have to but if i have to i will. What does it cost to get the stockers chromed? And where is a good place to send them to get this done? thanks again for your help

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I haven't started looking at companies yet. I did manage to find 4 brand new Ford chrome SVT center caps. I'd say $600 to $800 would be about right.

Hollywoood

Protected by GLOCK...
Established Member
I had got a set of 03-04 chromies from a place in california, that chromes OEM cores. After I had them send me 6 wheels, I sent them all back, and got my money back...... The chrome finish was rough, and most of the wheels had been repaired, and didnt look quite right......:nono:
Make sure you choose the chromer verrrry carefully!!! :)

dizzygoat

Established Member
wow hollywood, i would be rather p!ssed to say the least, i mean i could possibly live with a bad dipped wheel, but when i send in a perfect in tact wheel and you send me a half ass repaired piece of crap. That is unacceptable, i hope you got YOUR wheels returned after it was all said and done.
Anyone know if chrome was an option from the factory with these wheels? Or polished?

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
That is what im worried about if i send them off to get chromed. My are perfect and i dont want to get a set of 4 that are just a piece of crap. I have tried 2 companies so far and they are both out of stock and they dont know when they will get any in stock.

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
Yeah that is one of the places i tired and said they were out of stock but thanks for the help. Where can i find a good place to have my 03/04 rims sent to get chromed thats close to the St. Louis area?

PenguinGT

Established Member
because of the design of the 03/04 wheels, the chrome is much more likely to blemish (more curves, less flat surfaces).

You're better off trying to find some 01/02 style Lightning wheels for chrome plating.

Some vendors still carry the 01/02 reproduction 20" chrome wheels, but they are not Ford castings obviously.

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
i have found the 01/02 20" but i wanted to stay with 18" so where can i found those at? Cause it seems like they rare to found.

Users who are viewing this thread