03/04 rear bumper?

01MGSVT

Established Member
whats the opions on putting a 03/04 rear bumper on our new edge cobras? i was walking around my car the other day and noticed i have about a 4 inch crack in the center top of the bumper :cuss:
so would it be better to keep the 01 back bumper and just get it fixed or move to the 03?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I personally don't like the 99/01 body, that's why my car is 03 swapped. But it's your car brotha, do what you think looks good!

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
yeah true but i know if i get the 03 bumper ill want to put the whole kit on lol

I will agree that I think the 03 Body is either a do it all or don't do it at all deal. I think the 03 front/rear bumpers look out of place without the sideskirts/side vents as well, and the 03 rear bumper looks weird without a 03 rear spoiler, and so forth.

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
My 99 Cobra came with a mustang bumper stock... :nonono:

I upgraded to an 01 and decided not to get an 03 because my cobra is not a temi. IMO

35007.jpg

I will agree that I think the 03 Body is either a do it all or don't do it at all deal. I think the 03 front/rear bumpers look out of place without the sideskirts/side vents as well, and the 03 rear bumper looks weird without a 03 rear spoiler, and so forth.

I agree as far as the front and rear bumpers go... But nothing wrong with adding mirrors and the wing. IMO

Predatorbird

Established Member
I like the 03/04 bumper. If I ever need to replace mine I'll probably go for that since they're easier/cheaper to find than 01's.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I upgraded to an 01 and decided not to get an 03 because my cobra is not a temi.

So you don't have a 03/04 bumper (which doesn't advertise year at all, just says Cobra on it, like your 01 bumper) because your car is not an 03/04..but you have a 03/04 wing and mirrors on your car that's not an 03/04 :??:

SlowSVT

Established Member
I get very confused when I see a car with mixed body parts. I prefer the looks of the 03/04 but would stay true to the NE Cobra. Some purest might get a little put off seeing an NE Cobra dress as a Terminator. But if you really like the 03 bodywork then by all means. Just be prepared to do a lot of explaning when people ask you about your car.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
when i got rear ended i put an 03/04 bumper on the car, then got the front, then the mirrors, now got the trunk lid and spoiler, and next will be the hood lol. not sure if im gonna finish it off with the skirts and scoops but once you start, its hard to stop lol. but with the kenne bell and the T-56, the car is pretty much a terminator anyway. the way i feel is a cobra is a cobra. its not like tryin to pull this crap on a gt. Whatever you decide will be fine.

01 Venom

Established Member
In the end everyone should do to their car whatever makes them happy. You like of the look of that bumper go ahead and put it on, be happy with your ride thats the most important part.

My opinion though is this, I just did some radical changes to my car because I was getting bored. But we have New Edge Cobras, they are more rare then the 03/04 and to me are a little special when it comes to Cobra generations. There a few body parts that make us stand out and these I will not touch, 01 rear bumper, front bumper and tail lights. These three things are the mark of a New Edge Cobra. I say keep those

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
the way i feel is a cobra is a cobra. its not like tryin to pull this crap on a gt. Whatever you decide will be fine.

This exactly. It's not like it's a fake Cobra..it's swapping one Cobra body panel for another. As you said, it would be different cloning an 03 Cobra body on a V6 or a GT, but A cobra is a cobra. Camaro/Firebird guys do the same thing (swap 98-02 front ends, tail lights, interior, ect onto 93-97 cars)

01MGSVT

Established Member
i do agree that our 01s are coming more rare to see, thats why im in a debate to keep the 01 bumper but i really like the big "COBRA" letters on the 03s, i will probably end up keeping the original look of the 01 though. plus to me if i ever decided to sell the car i think it would be worth just a little more by having all the original 01 cobra parts on it. except for the 3inch cowl hood, and i plan on putting the 3 piece saleen spoiler on the back

Last edited:

01 Venom

Established Member
More opinion :) keep the 01 Bumper, do the 1 piece version of that wing, I think the side pieces are just too much :)

Its what I did, I have a 3 inch Cowl with a 1 Piece s281 wing

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
i do agree that our 01s are coming more rare to see, thats why im in a debate to keep the 01 bumper but i really like the big "COBRA" letters on the 03s, i will probably end up keeping the original look of the 01 though. plus to me if i ever decided to sell the car i think it would be worth just a little more by having all the original 01 cobra parts on it. except for the 3inch cowl hood, and i plan on putting the 3 piece saleen spoiler on the back

IMO, if you're going to do the 3 piece wing, go with the 01 bumper. That wing has sharp angles and the 03 rear is very round. I think that wing looks great with the 01 rear and not so much with the 03. My $.02.

Stephen4036

Established Member
This exactly. It's not like it's a fake Cobra..it's swapping one Cobra body panel for another. As you said, it would be different cloning an 03 Cobra body on a V6 or a GT, but A cobra is a cobra. Camaro/Firebird guys do the same thing (swap 98-02 front ends, tail lights, interior, ect onto 93-97 cars)

back to the whole fake cobra..

what if I have a GT but have a cobra motor, rear end and transmission?

what then?

Stephen4036

Established Member
Sorry dude still not a Cobra :)

However like I said, do what makes you happy

hows it not, what did a 99 cobra come with that I dont have? actually my car would be better than a 99 cobra, teksid block, 31 spline, 3650. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread