03/04 rack and pinion

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member
It's a direct bolt in. I just put one in my car a few months ago. I did the 03 cobra A arm swap at the same time and it really makes the cars steering respond much better.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
I'd like to do this to mine,where are you Guy's getting the 03/04 R & P's at??

Just an FYI, Be careful on buying "re-man" steering racks from your favorite local parts store. Even though it might be a listing for 03-04 Mustang Cobra, it might be a regular GT steering rack in disguise.

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member
All of the 03 Cobra parts on my car came from my friends 03 Cobra that was T-boned by some old lady :mj: Only had 9,000 miles on it too. :cryying:

Last edited:

KazooGS-T

Established Member
Why not go with an upgraded quick steer ratio rack? I'm sure that it won't cost any more than a factory one, and it's nice and polished.

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member
Why not go with an upgraded quick steer ratio rack? I'm sure that it won't cost any more than a factory one, and it's nice and polished.

I agree if you're going to go buy a new 03-04 rack. But in my case the parts came off a wrecked 03 and I got them dirt cheap. But if I had to buy new I would get aftermarket parts.

Dogshark

Established Member
I agree if you're going to go buy a new 03-04 rack. But in my case the parts came off a wrecked 03 and I got them dirt cheap. But if I had to buy new I would get aftermarket parts.

True. I may go search the junk yards. Im all about saving cash. Wait, no I'm not, who am I kiding

KazooGS-T

Established Member
You don't lose power steering... I have a quick steer ratio rack. It also comes with solid aluminum rack bushings.

KazooGS-T

Established Member
It's a modified ford unit... I'm not sure if its reman or not... Mine has been on my car for over a year without a single problem.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
True. I may go search the junk yards. Im all about saving cash. Wait, no I'm not, who am I kiding

Good luck finding a termi in the junkyard

A friend of mine is adding the termi rack to his fox this winter. i bet that's a drastic improvement.

Someone said "they come with solid rack bushings". is that on the termi's, or the aftermarket kits?

Users who are viewing this thread