03-04 PULLIED COBRA < H/C/I LS1

QuikGT

Banned
So im headed home on my way from work and i notice a couple cars heading out to our local track...some old chevelle that didnt want to run and in front of him a white cobra...so we get onto i20 from 360 and i get beside him...he immediately downshifts and starts honking it off....on the 3rd honk i hit it in second at about 45-50mph...instantly put a car on him while im rounding out 2nd he starts to pull back, shift into third and gain back that 1 car lead..by the end of 4th i had about a car....rolled down the window and asked the guy if he was headed out to the track, he said yes...he then stated he was in 3rd when he started and wanted to go again :loser: :bs: ....i was like cool...so he puts it in second and honks it off, this time i beat him by about 1.5 cars to 120...asked him what was done he said most boltons and upper and lower pullies....

i think he thought i was just a stock ls1.... :poke:

PROPS to the owner on the most beautiful cobra ive ever seen.... :bowdown:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Nice Kill :rockon:

You should add some spray :burnout:

o3BLUEMACH1

Established Member
there was a real nice guy in town who had a sts turboed firehawk... that car was the 5hit!!!.... nothing like 650 whp and 700 wtq..... sadly he sold it because it was becoming a money pit (stuff kept breaking...)

QuikGT

Banned
na, those rear mount turbos are horrible so i hear.....i would try and go with some sort of front mount custom turbo (76mm)....just some ideas...no where near close to funding it tho...but maybe next yr....

james:: bring the lil mach1 on!!! remember theres no replacement for displacement!!

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Good kill.
BTW, I have a guy that wants to race his H/C/I/E ls1 against the Mach. He's still on street tires :bash:. Do you think I'll stand a chance from a dig?

QuikGT

Banned
even on street tires i have still ran 7.60s 1/8th mile...so i guess if u can beat that with some sticky tires then yea you have a good shot...but ive never seen a mach without a power adder run times like that... also it all depends on his setup..

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Good kill. Stout N/A Machs are out there. I'm in the high 7.50's and I have less power than a bolt-on Mach 1. Stock longblock here. I know Angus on here has a pretty strong Mach. -Mark

machone

NA power
Established Member
Socal Mach said:
Good kill.
BTW, I have a guy that wants to race his H/C/I/E ls1 against the Mach. He's still on street tires :bash:. Do you think I'll stand a chance from a dig?

Not really. I would say as soon as that guy catches traction your gonna be toast. Not to dis your ride at all or anything but compared to that ls1 you really dont have any mods. That guy could be pushing 100-150 rwhp more then you depending on what exactly he has done.

mikes93

Established Member
QuikGT said:
na, those rear mount turbos are horrible so i hear.....i would try and go with some sort of front mount custom turbo (76mm)....just some ideas...no where near close to funding it tho...but maybe next yr....

james:: bring the lil mach1 on!!! remember theres no replacement for displacement!!

The replacement for displacement is called TURBO :rockon: , I use to think that too until got one or two(acually 4) turbo cars past 5 years

BTW, nice kill

mike
06 sti
93 supra

RealQuick

Established Member
QuikGT said:
na, those rear mount turbos are horrible so i hear....

Depends who you are listening to...

When setup right they fly.

Last edited:

1fastredcobra

Established Member
BeyondLimitz said:
Nice Kill :rockon:

You should add some spray :burnout:

No respect for spray. I'm sick of guys talking up their " badass" cars, when without spray they couldn't beat my grandma. If you beat me on engine, you got my respect.

2004 terminator, modded NO SPRAY

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
1fastredcobra said:
No respect for spray. I'm sick of guys talking up their " badass" cars, when without spray they couldn't beat my grandma. If you beat me on engine, you got my respect.

lmao ok then, i have no respect for guys who have a 260-280ish hp car hideing under a supercharger? Thats real cool :bash:

machone

NA power
Established Member
1fastredcobra said:

Whats wrong with nitrous? Its another way to make HP just like a blower. This is just my opinion of course but to me nitrous is just another mod.

"If you beat me on engine, you got my respect."

Is a blower considered "engine"?

Users who are viewing this thread