03/04 irs crossmember

Rotzs99

Established Member
Has anyone installed the 03/04 IRS crossmember on their cobra? Does it make any difference and is it worth $40?

For those who dont know it looks like this
MaximumMotorsportsIRSDifferentialBr.gif

01 Venom

Established Member
Hell ya it does, look at it, you get 2 additional mounting points, its a thicker part, and you get rid of that stupid counter weight. Everything about it is better.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Do it, do it! I put mine on and even with the stock rubber bushings, I have felt a noticeable difference.

VNEMUS

Established Member
I definitely recommend. $40 is a deal! I have the Maximum Motorsports' part (M-5030-F) and it cost me $119. It fits 99-04 Cobras.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
ive got mine waiting to go in tomorrow, i cant wait to drive the car again, its been two months. next friday i get tuned for a 125 shot... here come low 11's(from my fastest pass ever 12.5 im pretty excited.)

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Ive got a Kenny Brown one and im just waiting to do it when i do new bushings and shocks and all in the IRS

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
So, the 03-up has two extra mounting points: So, do the bolt holes already exist in the 99 IRS for which to use these extra mounting points?

How easy is it to install?

Homer

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
So, the 03-up has two extra mounting points: So, do the bolt holes already exist in the 99 IRS for which to use these extra mounting points?

How easy is it to install?

Homer
those two extra tabs are for the two front mounting bolts of your rear differential case. so yes, they are already there.

Users who are viewing this thread