03/04 Impressions and Perceptions. Grill Delete? IRS Exhaust?

skratpiece

Established Member
I've had 6 people ask me since owning my car, "What happened to the black grill you had? It looks like somethings missing." Apparently people are so conditioned to seeing 99-04 GT's with the Honeycomb black grill that when they see an 03/04 with a factory grill delete, it looks abnormal. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I wonder myself what people think when they see the IRS exhaust hanging down where you would normally see a differential. This is very unique to a Cobra. Even other IRS cars such as Camaro, Challenger, Mercedes... None of them have tailpipes that are visible from the back like ours are. What do you guys think people say about this?

Another thing I'm constantly asked is " 6 Spd? Did you put that in?"

Last edited:

exdeath

Established Member
Most common question I get is "what's a Cobra? never heard of it before but it looks familiar" :bash:

chelios

Banned
This are the questions i get from people since i bought my car 2 months ago...

1. Is a real cobra? (The most annoying)
2. Who did that custom exhaust for you( IRS exhaust LOL)
3. Is it a stick shift?
4. You should see their faces when i tell them that it makes 547rwhp....

RoadRash

Established Member
I've had 6 people ask me since owning my car, "What happened to the black grill you had? It looks like somethings missing."

I've been meaning to ask this question to the board. I've had many people ask me the same question ... I've been thinking of a billet grill but blacking it out. Has anyone done that?

black 10th vert

Established Member
I've been meaning to ask this question to the board. I've had many people ask me the same question ... I've been thinking of a billet grill but blacking it out. Has anyone done that?

Since you have a black car, a blacked out, billet grill, might look awesome. Don't think I would like it on any other color, though. Never seen one, but would like to, so post up pics if you go that route!;-)

Fat-cat

Established Member
I dont get asked to much locally anymore. Unless im at a car show or some other smaller weekly car event. Most of the Street scene guys know my car :)

Anyway i get allot of questions about what my Blower coolant tank is. I have had it called a race gas storage tank. Meth tank. ect.

I have had over 5 people call bull shit on my 580 whp numbers lol
"they ask if its a big block"
along with the other questions people have posted lol

Sometimes i got to the ricer meet pop my hood and stand near by to just listen to some of the shit they come up with about my car.

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
This are the questions i get from people since i bought my car 2 months ago...

1. Is a real cobra? (The most annoying)
2. Who did that custom exhaust for you( IRS exhaust LOL)
3. Is it a stick shift?
4. You should see their faces when i tell them that it makes 547rwhp....

awesome questions, i get pretty much the same! here are some of the answers that i give people when they ask -

1. is a real cobra? actually, it's a garden snake, it only becomes a real cobra when i "charm it", and once it receives the other two cyclinders... it becomes a ford viper. and also, the cobra decal on the rear bumper seals the deal.
2. who did that custom exhaust? i tell them bass-a-in-ee, a european brand.
3. is it a stick shift? i tell them it's an automatic with an additional foot pedal (optional use).
4. as for hp? i tell them, it has the same motor as the kia rio but only with much heavier internal parts.

some actually believe my statements... as long as i can keep a straight face. :beer:

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Biggest question I get is "Where did you get it painted?" Even got this question asked by Ford staff at a dealership. :shrug: I can't get out of a gas station in under a half hour without being bombarded with questions and compliments, it's nice that others appreciate the machine as well!! :rockon:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I get more exhaust comments than anything else...Bassani Catted X and Borla Stingers FTW!

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
had a few ask what happened to the grill,just told the it doesnt come with one. also when i went out to eat a guy at the restaurant asked if it had a big block in it. i guess it sounds good. he had no idea what he was looking at,but he liked it

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1 about it being a real Cobra. Someone in a S197 asked me if it was a new Cobra and when I told him it's an 03, he was like "oh". Also someone asked me if it had a 4.6 liter once.....that was a guy that worked at Ford?? That blew me away. Nothing about the grill or my rear exhaust though.

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
I dont get asked to much locally anymore. Unless im at a car show or some other smaller weekly car event. Most of the Street scene guys know my car :)

Anyway i get allot of questions about what my Blower coolant tank is. I have had it called a race gas storage tank. Meth tank. ect.

I have had over 5 people call bull shit on my 580 whp numbers lol
"they ask if its a big block"
along with the other questions people have posted lol

Sometimes i got to the ricer meet pop my hood and stand near by to just listen to some of the shit they come up with about my car.

ya i use to do that till i started hearing things like "you know you can pick up like 300 hp off a pully swap" or "my buddy's evo could take you its got exhaust and nawz":fm: i would always git in arguements with them about the grill thing to so i just stop going to those they just piss me off way to much

03mgtermi

Established Member
i too have had so many people either ask me about the missing grill or tell me i need a billet one. two days ago my gearhead uncle saw it for the first time and the first thing he said was "i'm loving the grill delete!" lol, he was joking but i personally love the look of it without a grill too.

Users who are viewing this thread