03/04 heads w/ damaged cam journals :(

SSeatr

Established Member
So I bought these heads awhile ago, they are the SHM full race heads.

When I received them the cam journals were scarred and my machine shop told me they were useless, so I sold the valvetrain out of it.

I hung onto the heads, now I have read of some people having this done..install cam bearings on the scarred journals.

Does anyone know of ANY shops that can do this and not charge a RIDICULOUS amount of cash?

My machine shop would not touch it, and said it would not be worth the cost to do it that I should buy new heads.

Id hate to loose these heads they are nice.

Thanks

Whippedmach

Established Member
Need pics of the cam journals, in question...If its pushing material thats one thing.. if its a little color, or light scaring, it can bee cleaned up with a scotchbright pad.

SSeatr

Established Member
Need pics of the cam journals, in question...If its pushing material thats one thing.. if its a little color, or light scaring, it can bee cleaned up with a scotchbright pad.

Ill try to get clear shots of it this weekend. they are scored you can feel some with fingernail. Not deep but they are there.

I would love to get them fixed, I'd have to buy the whole race valve train from sean hyland $1600+ since I sold the valve train that came out of these when I thought they were garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread