03/04 Convertible Max Motorsports Strut Tower Brace Opinions.

skratpiece

Established Member
I am installing my eaton friendly MM Strut Tower Brace this weekend, and I am wondering what to expect. Did this improve the overall ride quality? In theory it should reduce chassis flex and rattle and allow the struts to do there job better. Is this the case? Opinions. Thanks.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
The strut tower brace will reduce cowl shake with your convertible, maybe even eliminate some rattles here and there. I'm not sure you will feel an improvement in ride quality or performance. However, these STB's have the tendency to provide a significant placebo effect, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
The strut tower brace will reduce cowl shake with your convertible, maybe even eliminate some rattles here and there. I'm not sure you will feel an improvement in ride quality or performance. However, these STB's have the tendency to provide a significant placebo effect, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Exactly why I never bother to put one on my car.....I had one on my old GT and didn't really see much of a difference

SpectorV

Established Member
ive heard it prevents about .25 inches of flex (not sure if this is on a coupe though, if it is probably more on the vert)

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
It just about killed the cowl shake on my vert. I'm very happy with mine. If you have a CAI, You'll have to pull it to change spark plugs, you *might* have to partially unbolt the STB. I have the "standard" STB with the JLT CF CAI.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Had one when i had my eaton & a stock kmember, it stiffened things up nicely..
After i went to a whipple i went without the MM STB..
Then i threw on a tublar kmember (which removes the stock kmember brace).. Things were really loose upfront (to the point where i considered going back to the stock Kmember & Arms)
Picked up another MM STB for the whipple and installed it a couple of weeks ago.. The difference is dramatic, much more structurally sound and predictable upfront.

Pain in the ass if you need to pull the blower but IMO a must have for a vert..

Users who are viewing this thread