03-04 Cobra's with NOS Plate kit in here please

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Was wondering what pills you guys were using. If you had any problems with the kit and what gains did you see from the kit. I tried this kit about a year ago and it didn't seem to work well. I don't know if I had a clogged plate or if my alt was on it's way out, but on the dyno the graph would spike up and down and not be smooth. Thanks for any help. I'm going to give it another try soon.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Pills? Do you mean jets? I have the NOS plate wet kit on mine. If you run the jets they send with the kit, it'll give you like 50 hp -if that, even though they say they're 100-125. I stuck with the "100" fuel jet, and went with a bigger nitrous jet and it works killer. I've felt more improvement from a cold air intake than I did with the jets that came with the kit. I was initially very disappointed. Now I'm very satisfied.

Fat-cat

Established Member
03 TWIN said:
Was wondering what pills you guys were using. If you had any problems with the kit and what gains did you see from the kit. I tried this kit about a year ago and it didn't seem to work well. I don't know if I had a clogged plate or if my alt was on it's way out, but on the dyno the graph would spike up and down and not be smooth. Thanks for any help. I'm going to give it another try soon.

Something is wrong with the wireing ... if you are serging on they dyno i could be the nos noide is clicking on and off.. my buddy had the same problem with his kit at first it was the window switch was bad we bypassed it and all works good. pull the rpm pills and see if that helps or disconnect the rpm window switch. As for the jets im not sure whats going on there they are a 50 hp or 75 out of the box so hp gains are low but tq should be way up.... hit the dyno or street and do some tests

RixSikcobra04

I think I have the answer to your dilema. Do you have a fuel pressure sensor installed on your fuel rail? Not the stock FRPS but the sensor that usually comes with the kit....if you do then lower the cutoff by turning the knob counter-clockwise a couple of turns. They come set pretty high for safety and liability reasons. When the system activates and fuel is drawn form the rail the pressure drops, and if it's too low to keep the diapragm of the pressure sensor open, it interrupts the curcuit, and it shuts off the entire system so ya don't go lean...that is causing your surging and spikey dynograph I bet...your system is turning on then shutting off, turning on shutting off....I had the same thing happen when I first got my kit a few years back...easy fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

03 TWIN

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Yea it's the 2120 plate kit for the 03/04 cobras only. What I meant by "pills" was the jets. The first time I tried what came with the kit, it didn't really give alot of results plus the gragh was spiking. I don't have a window switch or a fuel pressure cutoff switch, but I am curious if the nos system was cutting on and off.

19COBRA93>what jets did you end up with and what was the gains?

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Riding in 19Cobra93's car, id say the gains were somewhere between ****ing sweet and Holy ****

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
03 TWIN said:
19COBRA93>what jets did you end up with and what was the gains?

52/26, half second, and 7 mph. 11.57@118 to 11.08@125. I ran way out of RPM with these 4.30's so there's still more in it once I change the ratio. I crossed the line around 7300 rpm, and I don't make power anywhere near there.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
D's01Snake said:
Riding in 19Cobra93's car, id say the gains were somewhere between ****ing sweet and Holy ****

Too bad we snapped a blower belt, we would have emptied that bottle on the way home.

Users who are viewing this thread