03-04 Cobras with H&R Superports or Race Springs w/stock rims (post pics)

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
Sorry the search function is down as we all know. And im ready to buy some springs within the next couple of days. So I was wondering if anybody has pics with stock rims w/ H&R supersport springs (perferably) or Race springs. Thanks.

Bottoz

Established Member
H&R SS with MM Isolators.

cobra0531.jpg

mosconiac

Established Member
Totally stock:
SideShotBeforewithOEM.jpg

H&R SS with MM isolators (front only) and stock wheels:
SideShotAfterwithOEM.jpg

H&R SS with MM isolators (front only) and AFS 18" wheels:
SideShotAfterwith18s.jpg

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
Damn 18's look way better with the H&R springs. I really want to get the 18's but dont feel like forking out the dough. I thought I would be satisfied with just lowering it and not buying the rims. But looking at these pics, makes me want to get them.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Do the lower job first if you can't do them both at the same time. The 18's look like crap without a being lowered IMO. I bought the 18's first but had to lower it then because I didn't like the lower profile tire with the stock fender gap.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
H&R SS springs Front with MM isloators

Eibach springs with Pro3i LCAs and adjustable spring perch to adjust ride height for the rear

Fall4.JPG

Fall68.JPG

Fall62.JPG

venomous99

Established Member
race on stock wheels:
attachment.php

on 18" saleens:
1_edited.jpg

if i were to do this again, i wouldve gone with super sports and run MM isolators in the rear to givethe car a demon drop. h&r springs tend to make the car sit level, which usually means the front tire to fender lip gap is more than the rear.

sig below on 19s

03cobrarocks

Established Member
kinda off topic but geez venomous99 how many diffrent rims have you had and why you get rid of your saleens?

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
wow, im fixed on 18's now. the front sits a tad higher then the rear, im guessing cause the IRS ?? what does the MM Isolaters do ??

venomous99

Established Member
Originally posted by 03cobrarocks
kinda off topic but geez venomous99 how many diffrent rims have you had and why you get rid of your saleens?

ive only had 2 other sets of wheels on my car besides the stockers. got rid of the saleens because ive had them on my last two cars and i wanted to step up to 19s with a deep dish.

01BlueCOBRA
with the front slightly higher the car sits level but for my taste, i was looking for more of a demon drop. adding the isolators in the rear will bring up the rear higher than when using the stock rubber isolators. the MM isolators are made out of urethane, allowing for more predictable handling and also adding more stiffness to the suspension.

as much as people hate doing it, i cut 1/2 coil on the front springs and now the car sits just right. no noticeable difference in ride quality vs uncut race springs.

Last edited:

venomous99

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread