Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
I am ready to buy a Kenne Bell BAP 40 amp unit, but do
I need a wiring upgrade for it or not? What are you guys
doing with yours ? I need a BAP as I'm leaning out after
6,200 rpm's. Ken

69redmach1

Established Member
I did not do the wiring upgrade on mine when I installed the BAP. I would hold off on installing the BAP until you do the new pullies. Once you install the BAP you will want to re-dyno the car as the BAP alone might not cure your problem. The injectors hit their limit also and I have a special tune you can run if that happens. Otherwise, especially after porting the blower you'll want to go with 60# injectors. These cars will typically peg the maf, injectors and pumps right around 465-485 rwhp UNCORRECTED. Remember your SAE corrected graph is for 77 deg at 29.23 barometer. If you're running when it's 60 degrees and 30.0 barometer which common (today it was on my absolute barometer at the shop) you'll be making 20+ more rwhp than the SAE corrected dyno sheet shows, therefore you'll need more fuel. I might have a "used" BAP in the pipeline if you're interested.
Pete

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Pete, I'm looking at getting a 4# lower, have 2.93, have belt, getting
LFP dual pass H/E, LFP I/C resv., KB BAP, have MAFXtender or may
buy SCT BA-2400 MAF. Have to order some things tomorrow. Ken

silver10th

Established Member
im doing pumps and FDPM..i was hoping they were going to be here today so i could put it all back together and have it for tomorrow but it doesn look like that will be the case..

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
ken, i have a bap on mine without the wiring upgrade and i had plenty of fuel when it was on the dyno.

pete would you recommend the wiring upgrade for me when i start spraying it? i'm gonna be running a 75-100 shot, so i'm figuring i'll be around 575 wheel horsepower. just want to make sure everything is right before i come up for a nitrous tune.

Frank

TTA89

Established Member
I bought the Lethal Performance kit, came with the wiring and connectors, relay, etc that made it easy. I liked the idea of having dedicated power for the BAP. Never had any issues with it, I twisted the wires together to run it all the time and its set about 30%.

Users who are viewing this thread