03/04 Cobra Pistons - The Real Deal

9900blueoval

Established Member
nothing against u n4s.its just 3 burnt pistons w/jdm tune sounds like the same prob. i had w/jdm tune in my lightning and its been echoed on these boards 4 a while (tune problems)

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
I personally think one of the best tuners out there is Chris Johnson, but once again, my opinion.

From everything I have seen, he's a tuning genius. Then again come 05 he will be the only gig in town as I hear it.

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
9900blueoval" I've heard things before also.

But I don't think it was the tune,

and I'm not out to say anything bad about anyone.

I said somethings before that were taken kinda the wrong way and probably got jdm or some of it's customers pissed off when thats not what I was trying to do. I've spent thousands there.

I'm in jersey and near so many people I'd like to stay on good terms with everyone as I'll see them at the tracks most likely.

Shit happens, I'm already disgusted with the amount of money I have in the car. But oh well, gives me a reason to go faster.

Never heard of "Chriss Johnson" who's he work for?

Most likely pete will end up tuning mine. Since his buddy Charlie is the guy who has my car at the moment.

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by notdisturbed
Im a little confused about this slap issue. Does it happen under all conditions? In other words, are we talking about a cold start slapping, or is this during normal operating conditions(ie:motor warm, 55mph, 5th gear, normal cruise)? I have a slap(or what sounds like one) that occurs only during a cold start, but once the motor reaches normal operating temp its gone.

There are basically two kinds of slap, 1. cold-start slap, quiets down apon reaching normal operating temps. Then there is just plain all the time slap (like mine). Neither are normal, I don't care what anyone says, it just shouldn't do it.....but I think I could live with the cold-start slap, it would be better that hearing it go slap, slap, slap, everywhere I go!! :bash: :bash:

:beer:

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
I personally have looked inside many 03 cobra engine's and have never seen anything like what your talking about. Piston slap? If so Ford would let us fix it.

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
I personally have looked inside many 03 cobra engine's and have never seen anything like what your talking about. Piston slap? If so Ford would let us fix it.

That's funny...no one from Ford knows anything about it.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I get the cold start slap until my car comes up to about half full operating temp. Kinda scary when I heard it at first then it goes away after that.

Venom might as have an ls1, those guys are still trying to get the dealer to warranty slap problems.

Good Luck

venom279

Established Member
Originally posted by broke7
Venom might as have an ls1, those guys are still trying to get the dealer to warranty slap problems.

That's funny, because those ls1 guys are always telling me that it's normal to have piston slap!!:bash:

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread