03/04 cobra owners with 2.9 whipples

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
Long story short, my father bought a 2.9 and we did install and supporting mods in the fall of 2012. Now my question is, what belts are you guys using? The car has the factory sized pulley from whipple and no aftermarket pulleys. The belt he's using it the gates K080751 and it seems way to tight.

ttk53

Established Member
Long story short, my father bought a 2.9 and we did install and supporting mods in the fall of 2012. Now my question is, what belts are you guys using? The car has the factory sized pulley from whipple and no aftermarket pulleys. The belt he's using it the gates K080751 and it seems way to tight.

if you got it on it isnt too tight

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
if you got it on it isnt too tight

That is true, although I wasn't able wrap it over the pulley on the s/c, had to put it on via the idlers so that's why I was wondering. The whipple did have to go out for warranty work due to front bearing failure. Just don't want a repeat issue if that's the case

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
The only way i can get my belt on is by removing my snub idler pulley first. Don't try to force it over the pulley as u can stretch it. You are fine.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
The only way i can get my belt on is by removing my snub idler pulley first. Don't try to force it over the pulley as u can stretch it. You are fine.

Alright, I won't worry to much then haha

Users who are viewing this thread