03-04 Cobra Owners: Fuel Injectors

ret_junior

LS7 HNTR
Established Member
Hey guys, haven't bin on here for awhile but ready to start putting more money in the cobra again. If you don't know my build, i have a twin turbo 03 cobra and im currently running stock computer, 60lb injectors, return style fuel system, magnafuel pro star 750 external fuel pump, and maxed out my injectors at 900rwhp on 20psi. With bigger injectors the car should make 1200-1300rwhp and Im looking to see whats the biggest injectors you guys are running on a stock computer or what injectors you guys recommend i should look into. Im lloking at either the ID1000 or the Bosch 105lb injectors! please let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
What fuel are you using? If it's E85 then that changes everything, if you plan to use C16 then your choice of injectors would work fine. I don't know how you expect to make 400 more rwhp with more fuel but, power to you!

ZACH'S97

Established Member
Ford 160s with a versafueler but on e85. Drives nicely, especially for the price. If I were to upgrade I'd definitely consider ID injectors.

MTBSully

Established Member
Im running Deutschwerks 1300CC injectors at 805rwhp and I was only at around 55% duty cycle if I recall correctly. Car starts, idles and drives like stock as well. A good bit cheaper than the ID1300s as well, same bosch core.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You made 900rwhp on 60's with gas? What was the base pressure at? That's a lot of power lol

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
You made 900rwhp on 60's with gas? What was the base pressure at? That's a lot of power lol

What he said - assuming it was a C16 tune or something? ID's if you want the very best, DW's if you want what is very close to the best at a significant savings. I went with DW's myself.

ret_junior

LS7 HNTR
Established Member
What fuel are you using? If it's E85 then that changes everything, if you plan to use C16 then your choice of injectors would work fine. I don't know how you expect to make 400 more rwhp with more fuel but, power to you!

Since there is no e85 pumps close to where i live but when a pump comes close i will switch overt. I will be on c16 and Im looking to make 400 more rwhp with a little more boost and meth. When we made the 900rwhp we set the fuel pressure at 60lbs and set the boost at 20 psi to see if we could hit the 1k horsepower, and it hit 1011rwhp but the duty cycle was at 127%. so looking to up the boost to 28-29psi and see what happens but i need bigger injectors lol. so just trying to se

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
If you want 1300rwhp you will need much bigger injectors on e85. If you want to make it on C16 you still more than 105 lb injectors. If you like the ID line the 1300 and 1700 respectively for e85.

Edit: Unless you have a MASSIVE pump and can crank the base pressure, but that's not the best choice either way.

ret_junior

LS7 HNTR
Established Member
If you want 1300rwhp you will need much bigger injectors on e85. If you want to make it on C16 you still more than 105 lb injectors. If you like the ID line the 1300 and 1700 respectively for e85.

Edit: Unless you have a MASSIVE pump and can crank the base pressure, but that's not the best choice either way.

Okay, but will the ID1300's work and can be tuned while running a stock computer? I've bin told they won't work with a stock computer. So just trying to see what's the biggest injector that can handle 1300rwhp and can switch over to e85 but can be tuned and will work with the stock ECU.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Okay, but will the ID1300's work and can be tuned while running a stock computer? I've bin told they won't work with a stock computer. So just trying to see what's the biggest injector that can handle 1300rwhp and can switch over to e85 but can be tuned and will work with the stock ECU.

Up until a few months ago I ran the ID 1300's on a stock computer. The ID's are designed to have pulse widths that work with the stock computer. Their slopes and values are listed on the ID website. If your tuner says you can't tune ID13000's to run on stock computer, run.

1raresnake

Established Member
My car is tuned by Bob Kurgan on ID1300's making 866whp on E85 through an auto. I'm running a stock computer so it can be done. Car drives very very well.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
My car is tuned by Bob Kurgan on ID1300's making 866whp on E85 through an auto. I'm running a stock computer so it can be done. Car drives very very well.

I'm very far from being as talented as Kurgan and I made it run just fine. The ID line is so expensive due to this reason.

Mystic03

Established Member
Up until a few months ago I ran the ID 1300's on a stock computer. The ID's are designed to have pulse widths that work with the stock computer. Their slopes and values are listed on the ID website. If your tuner says you can't tune ID13000's to run on stock computer, run.

+1 in search of an injector to support up to 1k on e85 with stock computer...im also lookin at bosch 205lb inj.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
+1 in search of an injector to support up to 1k on e85 with stock computer...im also lookin at bosch 205lb inj.

I run the high imp. bosch 160's. they work on stock pcm, and flow 1700cc at 43psi. A lot cheaper than ID or DW.

I have yet to finish the fuel system and intercooler upgrades so I do not yet know what they can hold, but I am only looking to make 1000-1050 wheel. These will hold a lot more than that. I am using e85 as well

http://www.boschdealer.com/product/160lbhour-bosch-fuel-injector-high-impedance-with-ev1-connector/

Mystic03

Established Member
I run the high imp. bosch 160's. they work on stock pcm, and flow 1700cc at 43psi. A lot cheaper than ID or DW.

I have yet to finish the fuel system and intercooler upgrades so I do not yet know what they can hold, but I am only looking to make 1000-1050 wheel. These will hold a lot more than that. I am using e85 as well

http://www.boschdealer.com/product/160lbhour-bosch-fuel-injector-high-impedance-with-ev1-connector/

i was told anything over 1000cc or 105lb will burn up eec

Users who are viewing this thread