'03-04 Cobra Owner's advice

VETTKLR

Established Member
I'm thinking about selling or trading in my Supercharged, Laser Red '96 Cobra for a Mystichrome.

The dealer says there's one they can get for $38,850.

Is this a good deal for a Mystichrome Coupe?

Right now, they're only offering $10,500 for my '96 and it's got about 5 grand in mods on it. At first, they didn't seem to care when I said I'd gut it like a catfish of all it's mods and sell them off individually, but now they seem to be pretty interested in the car. The salesman has called me twice since 9:00 p.m. tonight asking for more details!

I want that Mystichrome so bad I can taste it, but I don't want to take a raping for it.

I need some purchasing advice from the big dogs!!!

What do y'all think?:shrug:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
I think our concensus on the price for a Mystic is that sticker price is definitely fair. Its expensive, but at least the dealer is not tacking on a mark-up. It does sound like you need to get a little more for your '96 if you can, though. If they wont budge on the trade in...strip it and make up the difference by selling your mods. You can bridge the gap. I think you're only a couple thousand away. Try to get them to $12,500 on the trade if they want you to leave the mods on.

VETTKLR

Established Member
Hey Dude!!!

Long time no see!!!

I lost my Vettklr screen name on AOL when I cancelled that deal with them...It's now VETTKLR2

I remember how much you got yours for, and that's what I've been telling these guys what I'll give them.

$12,500 is exactly what I want for the car. Either from the dealer or a private buyer. :thumbsup:

VETTKLR

Established Member
mp3stang, any idea how much they can come off on that msrp?

They want $38,850 for the '04 Mystichrome...how much can they come off of that?

jimwood

Established Member
Originally posted by mp3stang
Don't pay MSRP for a Ford.

Dont pay MSRP for any car.

Whatever your truly happy with, thats a good deal. Mysticromes are awesome. For performance and the # built I think they are worth every penny. IMHO.:coolman:

umustdv8

Established Member
I suggest selling your car privately. I sold my 99' GT with mods for $7,500 higher then any dealership offered me!!! 24 hours later, I bought my 03 Cobra :)

I sold my car on www.traderonline.com

1992B4C

Established Member
Tell them to give you 15k for trade, then the 38500 doesnt sound to bad.

ALA G8R

Banned
VETTKLR,
Take the trade out of the transaction by selling it private party. Then you can work the dealer down on price a lot easier.

With a trade in the dealer may lower the price, but make up for with in the trade.

Standard operation procedure for a dealer.

Mugger

Don't beat 'em, MUG 'em!
Established Member
I've seen a coupe here for $34,750 same price as a black coupe they also had.

Emil

Established Member
Man guys I feel real lucky, I got my Mystichrome for $35.7K. The color is incredible and if it's within your means to get one definitely do it you won't be sorry. Go to a dealer with alot of Cobras, they are more willing to deal. My dealer had 13 coupes and like 5 verts, two of them being Mystichrome. He has 12 coupes now :).
Good luck

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
I picked up my Mystichrome Vert for 1K under MSRP...paid cash, drove away and never looked back!!! I hate the Body, but the paint job makes up for it. Now that I have over 500+ RWHP I just may sell it and wait for the 07 to come out...lolzzz

~ Fresh :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread