03-04 Cobra Motor in SN95

Sklander

Established Member
I called a few performance shops and they made it seem like it was the biggest swap job of history. "5000 to do th swap because of the wiring nightmare." is what what I kept hearing. They said something about K members being really expensive, too. What are they talking about?

I guess I should mention that this is a 1995 GT Mustang that I want to put an 04 Cobra motor and transmission in.

It is really that easy?

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Use your stock aluminum block and build it up. Then get some '03 Cobra/Lincoln Aviator heads, and whatever intake enables you to slap a whipple on. :thumbsup:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Well then, that makes it harder. But with a different K-member and the correct computer and wiring harness, it shouldn't be too bad. I've delt with a LOT worse.

Sklander

Established Member
Whipple or KB 2.2!

Think it would be worth it if I could get an 04 Cobra motor with T-56 tranny all in very new condition for about 5 grand?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
It's fairly easy.

See swap # 1 in my sig.

Yes, the 94-95 K-members are different from the 96-04's. (96-04 is the same one used in all the platforms).

* Bonus, see what I used a an engine leveler? haha..My old 95 k-member :rofl:

If you need the 99-04 Cobra interior to fuel pump harness, I have a brand one available. (for a coupe) Looks like this:

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/363/interiorwiring.jpg

u n v kenny

Established Member
006, you have a 2000 4.6 cobra motor?

I'm quite confused... a GT 4.6 block with cobra heads and intake?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
u n v kenny said:
006, you have a 2000 4.6 cobra motor?

I'm quite confused... a GT 4.6 block with cobra heads and intake?

In my swap pics, look at the build date on the motor. Step 1

...and here is step 2: :D

107135.jpg

Here is the actual link, but FRPP will eventually kill this link since they ran out of them almost 1 year ago. (that is why I saved a screen-print to show the doubters who constantly call me out on this)

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?partkeyfield=6688

btw, They are the motors that never made it into the production 2000 Cobras. Ford stopped production when they had the "low horsepower scare" on the 1999 models, thus they skipped the entire 2000 Cobra production. They changed the intakes and did some upgrades (no one knows exactly what else) on these 2000's and then warehoused all those 150 motors in a detroit whse until they decided to sell them as a package deal for cheap.

Last edited:

u n v kenny

Established Member
I saw the pics also.

and I see the build date.

I just wasn't aware, I thought they only made Cobra R engines in '00.

99, and 01 are the only Cobra's I knew of...

Users who are viewing this thread