03/04 Cobra motor in 99-04 GT

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
Hi guys, I have the availibility to purchase a brand new 03/04 Cobra motor (Shortblock, with heads, etc) All I would need is the upper stuff.

My question is, this would go in a 2003 mustang GT. What all would I need, A detailed list would be wonderful.

Supercharger
8 Rib pulley setup (Purchase from Kennebell)
Throttlebody
Plenum

Wiring harness upgrade? What else would I need? Will all of my accesories work off my 2003 GT motor?

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
your going to need everything from the 03-04 cobra...best bet is to find a totalled car and buy the complete longblock and drivetrain

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
+1 try to find a longblock, tranny, ecu. I don't think the actual swap is going to be that much of an issue... I am sure you may have to relocate some stuff. Hopefully somebody will chime in who has done this and has some behavorial advice (trial and error).

Last edited:

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
Not sure what all you would be getting with the block and heads, but you will need several things to go along with that:

-the front cover, if it doesn't come with it
-supercharger
-plenum
-throttlebody
-intercooler
-lower intake
-intercooler pump
-heat exchanger, hoses and lines
-Pulley bridge
-lower pulley assembly/cage
-idlers
-throttle and cruise control cable and also the bracket
-coolant tubes
-oil cooler adaptor
-alternator brackets
-alternator
-MAF
-radiator hoses, gaskets

I've seen a more detailed list floating around on here that even includes part numbers I think. I'll see if I can find it if you need it.

Most of your other stuff is interchangeable...A/C, power steering, and the wiring. Wiring will need some modifications. Definitely easier and cheaper to find a complete setup.

Invictus

Banned
You will need every blower accessory, and timing cover.

Nothing will need to be relocated as stated above.

If all you have is a shortblock with heads, look to spend about 3,000-4,000 more dollars to complete the motor... Then you'll need all the wiring, ECM, etc...

Transmission?

scubasteve22

Established Member
i just had the swap done...the shop rewired the harness and stuff so u can keep ur GT stuff..it bolted up to my TKO 600..u will have to change ur exhaust setup though..i had LT headers for the 2v but when i did the swap we just put on stock 4v headers then a bassani x pipe...only been on there for about 3 weeks but no check engine light or problems of anytype!

Users who are viewing this thread