03/04 cobra insurance costs in NJ

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
ive always wanted a 03/04 cobra, since the first day i saw them. next year i have the funds to buy one, but i wont have the funds to be paying 5k on insurance a year or something rediclious. i have full coverage under my parents name, and i will be 18. my friend pays like 5k for his WS6 (whos also 18) but i know he has tickets and stuff. how much are you jersey guys paying for your cobras, perferably if your young. currently i drive a srt-4 and pay around $2,700 a year which is pretty heavy for a 17 year old. anyway, i dont need to hear about how dangerious of a car it is etc, just need the insurance details. btw, my brother pays around 3,900 a year for a 2005 STI. hes 18 as well.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Easy said:
btw, my brother pays around 3,900 a year for a 2005 STI. hes 18 as well.

Don't live in Jersey, but I'm guessing you pay close to what your brother pays, if not more.

I myself (at 23) paid $1850/6mo when I first got my Cobra. My driving record was pretty clean, except a few tickets that were older than 3 years (and thus not a factor). But then again, I live in Maryland. Not sure what the difference will be in Jersey and I'm sure it depends on the zip code.

Hope that helps a little :beer:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
37...unmarried. I pay about 2400.00 per year for my 04 and a 99 Rodeo. Not bad but, wish it was better! Alot of it has to do with the stupid county in Maryland that I live in. Freaking ridiculous!

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
svt1.8t said:
Bad Driving Record 7k Per Year, And Im 25

:shrug:

my dads 47 with a clean driving record, if im under his insurance, my parents say they assign everyone a car. how could they assign me a 400 hp cobra being 18? i'd have 3 cars in the family, a expidition, a audi a6 and a cobra, who is the insurance company to say that i drive the cobra instead of the truck??? what if i truely did drive the truck, what would they do tell my dad to pay 5k a year being 47!??!

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
svt1.8t said:
Insurance Company's Assign The Highest Risk Driver To The Highest Risk Vechile, Just The Way They Do It

so theres absolutly no way around it??? :cryying:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Well I just bought an 03 GT convertible and I'm 19 with one speeding ticket and got esurance for $1300/ 6 months on my own plan with full coverage. I was paying 2 grand a year for a '92 civic on my parents plan which includes 4 cars and a house. I'd try esurance because it's a helluva deal.

qwikhuh

Established Member
Wouldn't cost a heck of a lot more in NJ....Probably no more than $100 more but its not my only car and is driven less than 5000 miles a year. My friend lives in northern NJ and has the same coverage and doesn't pay much more. My coverage is for $35,000 as well.

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
i pay 2k full covg for both my car but im older and get a deal thru my employer.

screw paying 5k or more for ins. on any musclecar.thats insane.

Users who are viewing this thread