03-04 Cobra front lip vs. 03 Mach 1 lip?

jareds99slobra

Established Member
Soccerman002 That guy is a memeber on here maybe he'll see this and let us know if theres a gap it looks good but its not agressive it just finishs the bumper since ours have that unfinished look

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
THERE IS A GAP! These are not uncharted waters. Unequivocally, both lips have a gap.

If I had to guess, that guy started the install on the driver's side corner rather than in the middle, so there is no gap on the driver's side, but a reasonably large gap on the passenger's side. If you look at the straight on pic, you can clearly see a gap on the passenger side.

Believe me, I even tried heating up the lip with a hair dryer to get it to stretch and, although that helped, you still end up with a gap. It's just the nature of fitting a lip on a bumper for which it is not designed.

Look...

IMG_3115-edit-web.jpg

IMG_3057-edit-web.jpg

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
I'm seriously considering having my buddy who is good w/ fiberglass make one up for me similar to the Mach 1 piece; heck might even help out a bit at speed on the road course :D

Someone mentioned a company that makes them - I heard of this too but I've never found them. Sure would be a great niche for someone to fill, or if someone has already, advertise on SVT sites!

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
^did this have a big gap on the ends of the bumper as well? It looks like it is a great fit on that bumper!! Side pics of it if you have any!

These are the best side shots I could find. there was about 1.5" gap on both sides maybe a hair less. looked perfectly fine imo
DSCN0292.jpg

DSCN0140.jpg

Last edited:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Looks like you've got a nice bulge/deformity in the lip though, not sure which is worse, that or a slight gap.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
You should be able to heat up the lip a little bit and work those waves out.

Users who are viewing this thread