03-04 Cobra front lip vs. 03 Mach 1 lip?

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
I like the look of the front lop/spoiler but don't like the gap that the Mach 1 piece leaves and I know that the 03-04 Cobras have one as well; does the Terminator lip/spoiler fit correctly for the 99-01 Cobra front bumpers, or even longer that it can be cut?

Found it through PPI, but I'm sure other people sell it too : PPI | Exterior | 1994-2004

Thanks!

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
03/04 style lip is a lot less aggressive and works much better on the 99/01 Cobra cover.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
They both fall essentially the same amount short, but it's less noticeable on the 03 because of the shape. I don't know about the Mach 1 lip, but the 03 is a pain in the ass to fit on the bumper and needs like twice as many rivets as a result. IMO, go with the one that you like more.

Also, unless I'm completely out of touch with the market, PPI is crazy overpriced. I believe you should be able to buy either lip for $125, tops.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
The 03/04 is easy to install on the bumper it was meant for, but I could see where it would be a PITA to install on a 99/01 bumper b/c the holes and slots that the lip slides into on a termi bumper aren't there on the other. I ended up buying a used termi lip from a member on here and cleaned it up & sprayed it with black bumper coating. It's a lot less aggressive looking than the Mach 1 lip, just depends on what style you prefer.

Last edited:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Any pics? I'd like to see it.

Forgot to mention that this was installed on a termi bumper that I picked up for my '99 Cobra. But anyway, here are the pics of the cleaned up lip on the bumper, pics were taken a few weeks back:

termilipandbumper01.jpg

termilipandbumper02.jpg

termilipandbumper03.jpg

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Some pics with the Mach chin. The gap doesnt bother me. I like the way it chins out some what aggressively.

DSC02606.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

DSC_0234_1.jpg

Predatorbird

Established Member
I like the Mach 1 chin a lot. I would put one on my car, but I know it would get beat up and I don't want to drill into my bumper.

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
i am thinking about getting the mach 1 lip....the gap doesnt bother me that much either...i like the aggresive look on our bumpers...think it stands out more for a better look.:beer:

Sveet01

Established Member
I had the Mach 1. Told myself I wouldn't be bothered by the gap. Well, it did bother me, eventually. Took it off. Now trying too look for a cheap '03-'04 one. However, they are not cheap anywhere it seems--compared to the Mach 1 chin.

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
I know it doesn't bother some, but I just can't stand the gap, I think its the OCD kicking in :D

I like the old 70 Mach I chin spoiler - thing had a hell of a gap but it looks like its supposed to be there since the spoiler only comes out so far on the sides and kinda looks like how far canards would extend, so it all works together, if that makes any sense.

I really like the aggressiveness of the Mach piece but if the 03/04 piece has the same/similiar gap it doesn't really help any, especially since its not much of a spoiler as much as a air dam

99Cobra2881 - I'm gonna check out that link you posted, they are not too far away from me in Cali

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Does the 03-04 DEFININTELY have the gap on a 99/01 bumper? The reason I'm asking is I recently saw a mach1 lip on an 03-04 and it had the gap. I'd assume that if the mach lip has a gap on an 03-04, that the 03-04 lip is longer on the edges and shouldn't have the gap on a 99/01.....

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
yea i am curious to see the 03-04 on the 99-01 bumper....post pics BreBar21!!! We need to see the chin spoiler!!!:banana:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
My car is an out of commission at the moment, but it absolutely has a gap. As I said earlier, it's pretty much the same gap as the Mach lip.

jareds99slobra

Established Member
i had the mach 1 chin from american muscle and i never mounted it up i was afraid i wouldnt like the gap but i think it looks way more agressive then the 03/04 cobra chin. i heard from a fellow member on here there was a company who made them the right length for our bumpers but i never looked into it. id pay 125 for one thatd fit right i need to look for them or someone needs to start making one

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
My old GT with the mach chin. Fit perfect IMO, but I also took the bumper off to mount it so I could fit it as best I could
DSCN0297.jpg

I have a bunch of pics of 99/01 bumpers with the 03/04 chin on my other comp, I'll post them up as soon as I can. But I will say if you don't mount it right, it will look like it's bunched up

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
^did this have a big gap on the ends of the bumper as well? It looks like it is a great fit on that bumper!! Side pics of it if you have any!

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Here are some pics I have on my work comp of a 99/01 bumper with a termi lip. I was going to do this before I got a deal on a terminator bumper. Looks like it fits pretty well to me, hard to tell if there is a gap on the passenger side, but there def. isn't one on the drivers.

01cobrawithtermilip1.jpg

01cobrawithtermilip2.jpg

01cobrawithtermilip3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread