03-04 cobra cylinder heads question....

ppochap

Established Member
What aftermarket heads are you guys going to when the time comes?? Or are you just porting ,polishing and beefing up the stock heads??

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ppochap said:
What aftermarket heads are you guys going to when the time comes?? Or are you just porting ,polishing and beefing up the stock heads??

I'll keep the stocker's unless I go turbo sometime down the line. They flow very efficiently.

- Aj -

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
But there are still better flowing head options. He just wanted to know the best way to get more power from them.

Yeah you're right. I'd like to get a set ported for myself down the road.

VoodooSNK

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Regardless, they flow much better then OEM. I don't know where you read that they're the stocker's, but I can't find it.
If you read the stats on it the bottom says * Exchange Required

Also, Steig will port them for less than that too, might look into them. Also VT engines is about $1250 for a port. Should call them up and comapre the port jobs vs prices.

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
VoodooSNK said:
If you read the stats on it the bottom says * Exchange Required

Also, Steig will port them for less than that too, might look into them. Also VT engines is about $1250 for a port. Should call them up and comapre the port jobs vs prices.

The exchange required doesn't necessarily mean that they're just ported stockers. I had to exchange my stock nose drive assembly when I got my Magnuson nose drive with carbonfiber input shaft and 2.93" pulley. Just an example.

- Aj -

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Wouldn't that make them copletely different heads?

How? Because they have different valves? A complete aftermarket head is made from scratch by an individual company, such as Edelbrock.

Users who are viewing this thread