03/04 Cobra + $1,500 = ???

White98SVT

Established Member
A buddy of mine is about to purchase a new 04 or an 03 Cobra. With selling his car and buying the new one he will have about 1,500 to play with. My question to you all is what are the best bang for the buck mods for power?

Also with a smaller pulley, exhaust, etc....how will the rear end hold up with that added power?

Need some advice and experience here please.

Thanks.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by White98SVT

Also with a smaller pulley, exhaust, etc....how will the rear end hold up with that added power?

I have been pullied for over 23,000 miles now and have not had any problems with the rearend. It's all in how you drive. Of course it has never seen a day at the track either. If you dump the clutch at 5,000 rpm's, yeah you might want to think about a solid rear.

White98SVT

Established Member
Re: Re: 03/04 Cobra + $1,500 = ???

Originally posted by Juiced-03
I have been pullied for over 23,000 miles now and have not had any problems with the rearend. It's all in how you drive. Of course it has never seen a day at the track either. If you dump the clutch at 5,000 rpm's, yeah you might want to think about a solid rear.

Well he's got an S2000 now that he can dump the clutch at like 8500 RPM's without a problem. I told him he would have to take it easy:coolman:

How much does the pulley cost and what kind of gains did it get you?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 03/04 Cobra + $1,500 = ???

Originally posted by White98SVT
Well he's got an S2000 now that he can dump the clutch at like 8500 RPM's without a problem. I told him he would have to take it easy:coolman:

How much does the pulley cost and what kind of gains did it get you?

lol, ya he will definitely need to learn to drive this car without breaking it! Not to mention that any launch above 3000 will be spin city with a pulley anyway. My pulley only cost me $60 and the gains were AWESOME with the Predator tune. I don't have dyno numbers, but the difference was unbelievable!! The car gets sideways when punching it at 60mph.

With $1500, your friend could easily have one quick Cobra.

Predator- ~ $240-350 (depending on new or used)
Catback- $350
X pipe (O/R)- $150
Pulley/Idlers/Belt/Plugs- ~$220
Intake- $100
Pro 5.0 Shifter- $170
Drag Radials- $????

That should be more or less than $1500 and could easily get him around 450-475rwhp.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
RPM Outlet (rpmoutlet.com) has a package for like $1300 that includes the Predator Chip, a catback a pulley and a pulley puller.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I dont know what else you are looking for, but try the search in the meantime.

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
I dont know what else you are looking for, but try the search in the meantime.

Any more info on sites that have packages? I know Steeda also used to have one but I couldn't find it on their site.

temjin9876

Bringer of Destruction!
Established Member
I would say get a used catback. Buy a predator from RWTD to get unlimited custom tunes (the default predator tune was CRAP on my car). Get a pulley and plugs. And a K&N cold air (or any type).

all this for probably about

cold air intake 169
used catback 300
predator 419
pulley 80
plugs 35-70 (depending on type and brand)
--------------------------------------------
$1038 give or take for over 450rwhp is the best bang for the buck on the planet

Users who are viewing this thread