02' WS6, 11' GT500. 98' Saleen Cobra, 87' GN, 02' C5, Evo 8, Mach 1, C6

BStowers023

Established Member
Lots of good racing went down sunday, Some of the guys running were on here. Some friendly smack talk back and forth but none the less all were very nice cars! I can't wait to see these guys out again it was a lot of fun!

Down south racing 1 - YouTube

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Great vid man!! So from the "different angle" that looks like our run from both of us in 3rd gear and about a car.. The first run with you in 2nd me in 3rd was death lol. Great runs man I had a good time for sure.. Damn you had to use that fugly picture of my engine bay though?? Horrid lol it looks sooo much snicer now! hahaha.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
wow great runs, i dont understand how your car is so fast, she is a keeper for sure. you got a great set up man.

His car is a very well setup car that's all there is to it. The big and littles help a lot with rotational mass weight reduction too. Also account my car has about 200lbs on him and I have about 65lbs of weight on him on my body the outcome is about right. :beer:

Also to note but it clearly doesn't really matter, I spun in 4th a little bit (street tires) I wouldn't say enough to really matter. The air was really wierd yesterday which didn't help and again probably wouldn't have mattered either..

The first run he started in 2nd and me in 3rd hense the huge jump out.. The second run we were both in third so it was closer.

Last edited:

Hangman

Modding is Expensive
Established Member
good runs guys, and very nice cars, hey saleen, you ever think of spraying down low to get some more power on the lower end of your power band? either that or that WS6 is just FAST lol

slynch68

Established Member
A full exhaust on my 500 and I would hang with the T/A....that thing loves the sauce. The C5 and I are going to do a roll next time as he is hitting a 150 shot off the line and spinning his ass off. The 98leen and I would be really close right now. I missed 2nd against the GN but it wouldn't have mattered. We did a 30 roll and I took him but he was in the wrong gear and not brake boosted....

I want to run the evo again as we ran right after the C5 and I ran twice. I spun hard and was heat soaked. His evo moves out though

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
good runs guys, and very nice cars, hey saleen, you ever think of spraying down low to get some more power on the lower end of your power band? either that or that WS6 is just FAST lol

I've thought about spraying my car, but my tuner only likes direct port so that's out of the question.. I'm happy with the power right now.. I'm not trying to be the fastest. I have a stock intake and it's starting to choke around 6k as that's when HP band starts to roll and go flat. I'm in need of a ported intake or a Short runner. Not to short though.. Also if I decide to add more power I'm probably going to go turbo.

A full exhaust on my 500 and I would hang with the T/A....that thing loves the sauce. The C5 and I are going to do a roll next time as he is hitting a 150 shot off the line and spinning his ass off. The 98leen and I would be really close right now. I missed 2nd against the GN but it wouldn't have mattered. We did a 30 roll and I took him but he was in the wrong gear and not brake boosted....

I want to run the evo again as we ran right after the C5 and I ran twice. I spun hard and was heat soaked. His evo moves out though

I think you and I would be within a cars length of eachother for sure. If you and I can get in the same gear it would be the best race, but if it's you in 2nd me in 3rd it won't really work out to well. I need new gears or a 28'' tall tire to make it a even race.

clc44

Established Member
I've thought about spraying my car, but my tuner only likes direct port so that's out of the question.. I'm happy with the power right now.. I'm not trying to be the fastest. I have a stock intake and it's starting to choke around 6k as that's when HP band starts to roll and go flat. I'm in need of a ported intake or a Short runner. Not to short though.. Also if I decide to add more power I'm probably going to go turbo.

I think you and I would be within a cars length of eachother for sure. If you and I can get in the same gear it would be the best race, but if it's you in 2nd me in 3rd it won't really work out to well. I need new gears or a 28'' tall tire to make it a even race.

FMIC would probably help as well. Car looks and sounds awesome.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thanks man.. Yea I've thought about a FMIC as well. I have to much money wrapped into the aftercooler setup and it's effiecient. I need a C&R heat exchanger like yesterday though..

BayareaSS

Established Member
That looks like a good day of racing. That's some ugly weather lol.

Red3v.... Vid didn't change my mind about the GN. All the cars rolled out though. Really would like to come out there and run

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Uhh yea the weather was poop.. lol you have 3 cars, bring the SS out here I'll store it for you :D

justinschmidt1

Established Member
wow great runs, i dont understand how your car is so fast, she is a keeper for sure. you got a great set up man.

H/C nitrous 4.10s on a ls1...what do you expect? for it to lose?

Those things are nasty to begin with an love the sauce.

That GN blew by the gt500 like it was standing still.

Turbo + auto FTW

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^ Not to mention strong running LS1's that run right.. So far I'm 0-2 against sprayed LS1's.. But both of them that I've racing run hard as shit

slynch68

Established Member
We'll roll at 50 in 3rd....I ran stowers in 2nd and I run out of gear too fast for my liking. We make enough tq down low to make a good run in 3rd at 50.

Anytime you want to borrow the 17's for some traction let me know...I think they fit your baer setup.

The GN is a high 9 to 10.0 car. My 500 is at best a 11.3sec car...2nd gear grind is the next thing to get fixed with a mgw and cf driveshaft

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
We'll roll at 50 in 3rd....I ran stowers in 2nd and I run out of gear too fast for my liking. We make enough tq down low to make a good run in 3rd at 50.

Anytime you want to borrow the 17's for some traction let me know...I think they fit your baer setup.

The GN is a high 9 to 10.0 car. My 500 is at best a 11.3sec car...2nd gear grind is the next thing to get fixed with a mgw and cf driveshaft

Thanks man I think that would be a good run for sure! Thanks for the offer on the DR's too. I'm starting to realize that with all the fast cars out here and the gearing you guys run with I'm going to need a drag setup soon lol.. Well wheels and tires atleast.

beave

Established Member
Haha before i even read any posts i watched the vid and thought this looks alot like MS. Nice runs fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread