02 sensors dy-1165 VS dy-1185?

mikestoyz

Established Member
aparently not. The plugs are different. The part number on my 02 sensor on the car is unlike anything I can find online. Does anyone have the 1165 laying around and can take a picture of it?

mikestoyz

Established Member
Here is my 02 sensor
20150327_171013_1_zpsvi8ycyfq.jpg

20150327_170917_1_zpsbj4mdd4h.jpg

Nuar

Established Member
Each mustang has two sets.
two INPORTANT wide band sensors which areup closer to the engine and then two more lowed in the exhaust that are pretty much there to check on your cats and for emissions purposes.
your car uses the front ones to make air fuel ratio adjustments, so they are extremely important.

mikestoyz

Established Member
Each mustang has two sets.
two INPORTANT wide band sensors which areup closer to the engine and then two more lowed in the exhaust that are pretty much there to check on your cats and for emissions purposes.
your car uses the front ones to make air fuel ratio adjustments, so they are extremely important.
Im gonna go ahead and say it. Im a blind idiot.

Completely didnt see the blue sleeved 02 sensor in the header. Now how in the hell do you remove it without removing the engine? LOL

Nuar

Established Member
Sorry bud, that I can't help on. I removed mine when the header came off, when I was moving them over to the long tubes :) It can't be that hard though :)

mikestoyz

Established Member
Sorry bud, that I can't help on. I removed mine when the header came off, when I was moving them over to the long tubes :) It can't be that hard though :)

Im going to rent the 02 sensor remover kit from autozone, should give me the clearance I need!

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member

Your HEGOs, aka front sensors, are 8F9Z-9F472-H or DY-1185. Your cat monitors, aka rear sensors, are BR3Z-9G444-A or DY-1162. We always invoice with the long numbers, never learned the short numbers since they don't tell you anything about the part like a long number would.

mikestoyz

Established Member
your hegos, aka front sensors, are 8f9z-9f472-h or dy-1185. Your cat monitors, aka rear sensors, are br3z-9g444-a or dy-1162. We always invoice with the long numbers, never learned the short numbers since they don't tell you anything about the part like a long number would.

ty!

Users who are viewing this thread