02 Sensor Problems

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
I decided to check the codes on the Cobra earlier today, because the lights been on ever since the IMRC delete, and was greeted by 13 codes.
P0141 x4
P0155 x4
P1151 x4
And P1519, which would come from the destroyed IMRC controller being in a trash heap somewhere in central NC
Any ideas as to why all of the O2 sensors would be kicking up codes? The car has never really idled very well, and when I put the offroad x-pipe on, i noticed one of the front sensors had a crack around the area where it enters the exhaust. I'm not worried about the rear 2, because I'll just have them turned off when the car gets tuned this coming Wednesday, but why would the front two be giving up those codes? I've already ordered new front sensors for the peace of mind.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
lol well if they are the original O2 sensors or have cracks in them, then I would definitely start by throwing two new Ford sensors in the front. Get MIL eliminators for the rear or turn them off in the tune like you said.

I think the 2 new front sensors is your problem and the rears are throwing codes since you have no cats. I wouldn't worry unless you replaced the front sensors and those codes still came back.

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
Yeah, I figured the 17 year old sensors would have given up the ghost by now. Everything other than the oil and filter is "factory fresh" on this car after 100k, down to the original fuel filter, which will be changed as soon as it comes in the mail. I don't understand how people don't do the most basic maintenance to their cars :shrug: Somebody had a go at changing the plugs, and put plugs in that were gapped completely wrong, and didn't put anti-seize on the threads :cuss: It was an adventure getting them out :bored:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Yeah, I figured the 17 year old sensors would have given up the ghost by now. Everything other than the oil and filter is "factory fresh" on this car after 100k, down to the original fuel filter, which will be changed as soon as it comes in the mail. I don't understand how people don't do the most basic maintenance to their cars :shrug: Somebody had a go at changing the plugs, and put plugs in that were gapped completely wrong, and didn't put anti-seize on the threads :cuss: It was an adventure getting them out :bored:

lol yup I'm putting in fresh front O2s this year too. Along with changing the fuel filter and plus and switching to a cop setup since that stuff is 3 years old. Keeping on top of maintenance should always be a priority.

Users who are viewing this thread