02 Sensor problems Advice please...

New Dude

Established Member
Hey whats up guys,
My car threw a PO153 code, no problem I brought it to the shop I work at, checked the code and replaced the sensor with an OEM Ford one. Now about a month or so later the car threw the same code. I checked for leaks etc and everything is good. Anyone have any ideas? I am going to swap sensors and see what happens. So any ideas? Thanks in advance!

New Dude

Established Member
Yes I have, sorry that I did not include that in my first post. I have a Bassini off road x, Steeda MIL eliminators for the back O2's, Mac the rest of the way back, intake, 3.0 pulley, tune, Steeda tensioner and stuff for the IRS.

jlauth

Established Member
I wish I could figure mine out as well. I have had a CEL from the beginning of my midpipe swap. I plan to chance them all sometime, but it doesn't seem to hurt my car, but it does hurt the wallet because it runs so rich.

Is there a way to check the O2 to see if they are working properly?

Fran

Established Member
Did you clean your CAI lately? Over oiling is a common problem that affects your MAF. Is your air filter dirty and need cleaning? How long ago was your midpipe swap? Did you touch the o2 sensors with your bare hand? I have heard from people that is you touch them bare handed that shortens their life span. Cant prove that though. Do you have any intake/exhaust leaks?

New Dude

Established Member
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I have not cleaned my intake at all and it does not seem that dirty. When I went to work I cleared the code and it has not come back until tonight. Well sort of... I checked with my Xcal2 and the code was there, but the light did not come on. Is this odd or is it a pending code? So I cleared it and drove the car 3 blocks, came home and checked it and it popped back up again but with no light. What the hell is going on here? I switched the sensors like I said previously and it still came up with the same side. Help plllzzzz!

Users who are viewing this thread