02 lightning vs 450hp 1970 chevelle

ford_lightning

Established Member
2002 lightning vs 450hp 1970 chevelle ss

I was driving around are local city, and i saw a bad ass chevelle so me and my friends pull in. We talked and i found out that the chevelle was pushing about 450hp and ran a low 12. All i have is a chip and flowmasters on my lightning. So i asked him if he wanted to race. I let my friend drive since i didnt want to get the ticket if we got caught. It had also rained about an hour ago so the roads were still wet. the guy in the chevelle lit up his tires to get them sticky, and since lightnings hardly ever spin and the tires are 300 a pop we didnt warm ours up. I said i was going to count , when i said go he took off but my friend didnt hear me asy go so he didnt take off untill the chevelle got a bout half a car length ahead of us. When we took off we just spun out till 45 then we caught traction and gained a little on him. He only beat us by a car length in the 1/4. So this weekend we are going to race again, so what do u think will happen if we take off the same and the roads are dry

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Racing on a rain-slick road is risky with a light rear-ended Lightning...damn thing will spin and hook left...I know, I did it one day, surprising the shit outta myself.

Shoulda known better...:rollseyes

Dry pavement should give you better results...just keep an eye on the Shabby-guy's face as you pass him.....:burnout:

stang2009

Banned
only one car? that car has weight and horsepower on you....i might not race him again and just be happy you only lost by one car...tjay seems like one impressive chevelle. im not calling B.S. by anymeans, i dont like it when people do that to me so i would never do that to anyone else...im just saying its a possibility that he was spinning wildly as well...good luck this weekend and maybe you should drive since im sure you know your car better...probably would get better results...

Users who are viewing this thread