02 GT Transmission question ! HELP !

Established Member
Hey guys !

I need your help !
I have an 02 GT which has a TR-3560 in her. Well, back in Feburary I lost my syncros on the 3rd and 4th gear. The car has been out of commission since Feb. The reason being is that I am in the process of ordering the complete
T56 transmission complete with the modified belhousing, shortened driveshaft and some other necessary parts.

The question I have for you GURU's is this :

Is the T56 6 speed my only option for an upgrade ?

Is there any other transmission out there in the market that would be a little tougher than the stock TR-3650 but a little ligher on the vallet as compared to the T56 ?

The reason I chose the T56 is in the hopes of supercharging my car in the next 12 months.

i would really appreciate you guys help in making up my mind, as I miss my car alot and the WINTER season is coming up and I can't wait to drive her with the TOP down.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
The tko600 will handle alot of power, and u can just pop it in.

Established Member
WOW !

3 of you guys say the TKO 600. I must redo my study now ! Up until now I thought about the T56 only !

Do any of you guys know how much it retails for in the States ? and who would be a good place I can get it from ?

Thanks guys for all your help !

Established Member
Just did a quick search and review. The TKO 500 retails for about 2K. Not bad ! and it can handle gobs of torque.

Any more help guys ? I need to really place my order my the end of this week.

Cheers !

Last edited:

Established Member
hhhmmm ! I've already contacted them for the T56 and was very happy with them and how fast they were to respond to my query.

Spoke to Dave and he was very helpful.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
i gave u a link above for dd that goes directly too the tko600.

Im pretty sure they will upgrade them even more to handle anythign you want.

Users who are viewing this thread