02 gt H pipe bolt

hotthippo

Established Member
I need some suggestions about how to get one of the bolts connecting the h pipe to the header off. I tried to get it off but couldn't then took it to a shop and he said he couldn't get it because it was going to round the bolt off. He offered to cut it off but it was gonna take extra time and money. What do you guys think? Wanna get this x pipe on soooooon.....:bash:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
hmm, i didnt have any problems with mine, but this is a way to get the stud out if thats what your trying to do,

use the double nut technique, screw one nut onto the stud about 1/2 way then screw another on and tighten them together, then try to unloosen the first nut you put it and it should break free.

GTstang96

Established Member
put some heat to it. thats what i did to my o2's when they did come out, and they came out easy after that..and take his advice above to the should come right out^^

Sublimize23

Established Member
You're talking about the passenger side header right? That one was a bitch. I had to use a swivel impact socket, a really long extension, a 1/2" to 3/8" adapter and I blasted it off with my impact gun.

Users who are viewing this thread