02 GT fuel psi sender location

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
So I bought some autometer guages, got the electric fuel pressure all installed and wired up.

Not sure where to actually put the sender on the fuel rails though? I've searched and searched and seen people talking all around the subject, but never the direct question answered.

Thanks!

gtstang1219

Established Member
I have an 03 and on mine there is a sending unit on the driver's side fuel rail. I dont know how the autometer gaige sending units look but i know that some companys make one where you just take that one off and pit the new one under it and then bolt it back up. Dont know if it helps but im sure someone will tell you if im wrong.

cotchnobra

Established Member
look for the fitting on the fuel rail that is the same as a car or bike tires valve stem. I cant remember what side it is on but it might have a cap on it. you may or may not need an adapter to hook on to this. you will need to put a pic up of the fuel pressure sender.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Bump, any definitive answers? Maybe pics of where others have put theirs on would help.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Bump, I checked the fitting on the fuel rail, and no combo of the hardware provided will fit in the shrader valve spot.

Anybody know what 12 cent adapter I need to go buy?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Figured i'd update this thread with a resolution.

I actually lost the sender for a few weeks, but luckily I found it and can proceed. A little research on autometers site actually indicates the exact part I needed.

Auto Meter

Auto Meter 3280 Auto Meter Extension Adapters & Fittings

It was listed in the online instructions as a requisite for factory ford fuel rails. DOH! So i'll just remove the shrader valve, screw this in, and screw my sender onto it.

Users who are viewing this thread