02 GT EGR DELETE Questions

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Doing an egr delete on my 02 gt which is need because install mac long tubes and it is capped off in the new headers. i want to just leave open or cap off at end of egr tube that plugs into stock exhaust manifold. Anybody has experience in this or deleting the egr? i want to look stock from top of engine so dont want to put a block on plate on it and pull all the vaccum lines off. i will have sct tuner by then so i can delete rear 02 sensors in prochamber and i believe you can turn the egr delete off too. also do i have to tune timing after removal of egr?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I guess I'm a little confused about what you're trying to do, are you wanting to leave all the EGR crap under the hood? Brackets, solenoids, vac lines? Also the EGR tube that comes up from the manifold will have to be removed if you aren't attaching it to the long tubes. Either way you're going to have to plug it of in the engine bay.

Also you'll have to have someone write you a tune with the EGR turned off and the rear O2's turned off, it's not something the user can do with the handheld.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I guess I'm a little confused about what you're trying to do, are you wanting to leave all the EGR crap under the hood? Brackets, solenoids, vac lines? Also the EGR tube that comes up from the manifold will have to be removed if you aren't attaching it to the long tubes. Either way you're going to have to plug it of in the engine bay.

Also you'll have to have someone write you a tune with the EGR turned off and the rear O2's turned off, it's not something the user can do with the handheld.
so i will get like an email tune etc? and yes i just wanted to leave the egr valve up on the plenum/tb and cap the tube off that goes into the stock manifolds. that possible?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Yes you would have to have an email tune from somewhere that disabled those functions. And it's been so long since I ripped mine off there.. Is there a bracket on the back of the block that holds that tube in place? If there's something else that's holding it up there and not just being attached to the manifold then yes, you could just cap everything off and leave it.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Yes you would have to have an email tune from somewhere that disabled those functions. And it's been so long since I ripped mine off there.. Is there a bracket on the back of the block that holds that tube in place? If there's something else that's holding it up there and not just being attached to the manifold then yes, you could just cap everything off and leave it.
i believe there was i looked it up on my computer at work. (parts sales) so i have ford catalog and looked like you could just cap it off at the end by the manifold

Falsey

Established Member
I am deleting my EGR right now. Why wouldnt you just take off all the EGR parts? It really cleans up the engine bay.
You remove the EGR valve, the vacuum lines connecting to it, the IPAC (black canister thing), vacuum lines from that to the intake, (plug one intake line or buy a rubber line fitting), remove a bracket off the back of the block (PIA!), the silver box thing with two rubber lines, and also the EGR tube.
Then cap the headers and block off the intake(throttle body).

So basically everything in this pic should be removed:
img1653mi.jpg

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I am deleting my EGR right now. Why wouldnt you just take off all the EGR parts? It really cleans up the engine bay.
You remove the EGR valve, the vacuum lines connecting to it, the IPAC (black canister thing), vacuum lines from that to the intake, (plug one intake line or buy a rubber line fitting), remove a bracket off the back of the block (PIA!), the silver box thing with two rubber lines, and also the EGR tube.
Then cap the headers and block off the intake(throttle body).

So basically everything in this pic should be removed:
img1653mi.jpg
didnt want to mess with doing all that and cant find a block off plate i like. you have a photo of yours? and i wanted mine to look stock under the hood (still have stock intake, tb etc) wanted to look stock and have headers and full exhaust under it

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
It's a piece of steel man with two holes and a small gasket, it's not like this is any fancy piece to begin with, I paid like 8 dollars for mine.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
It's a piece of steel man with two holes and a small gasket, it's not like this is any fancy piece to begin with, I paid like 8 dollars for mine.
i found on the headers you can remove the blocked off hole so might just plug them into it not sure yet i guess we will make a decision when i install them lol

got stage 8 locking bolts in finally now i just have to purchase gear kit with tuner and prochamber and its go time!

Niceride101

Established Member
So let me get this right... If you pull the whole EGR Assembly and Plug the hole that is left there. This will not mess with the computer since the sensor is not plugged in?

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Well now thinking about selling mustang so headers aren't going on yet just suspension then going up for sale :/

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Dark02Pony

Established Member
could always make your own block off plate out of some aluminum for pretty cheap then mount the egr valve on top of said block off plate thus giving the stock look

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
The O2's would still work fine with the EGR turned off. Typically if you're deleting your EGR, then you must live somewhere emissions don't matter so 90% of the time people probably already have there 02 sensors turned off.

Users who are viewing this thread