02 C5 vs. 07 GT

91frppgt

Banned
i did a friendly little race, one of my family members has a 02 C5 vette. Its bone stock, except for a K&N if that matters...anyways...

my car is a 07 GT, auto, with a canned intake/tune, best run at the track has been [email protected] with a 1.96 60 foot on stock tires.

this really wasn't a good race, but we was at a stop light and we take off on green, we both spin a little but i hook before the vette did and i pulled out on it a lenght and stayed there till 70 then shut down...

anyways fun race :rockon:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Sounds about right if hes running 13.3 especially if its an auto C5.

RealQuick

Established Member
91frppgt said:
i started pulling up top, i don't think he would of pulled at all.

haha... good kill dude, but the mustang GT wont pull the vette up top

LS1 > 3V Ford GT motor :coolman:

Not trying to be a smartass either, I think all the blue oval guys on this site realize your ~260-265rwhp GT isnt gonna pull alighter vehicle with MORE power and aerodynamics at higher speed. You won because you spun less and got off it before the LS1 would have run you down.

I have a buddy with intake exhaust and tune 5 speed 06GT that made 28xrwhp with his mods... you be a good bit less being your an auto.

91frppgt

Banned
RealQuick said:

Not trying to be a smartass either, I think all the blue oval guys on this site realize your ~260-265rwhp GT isnt gonna pull alighter vehicle with MORE power and aerodynamics at higher speed. You won because you spun less and got off it before the LS1 would have run you down.

I have a buddy with intake exhaust and tune 5 speed 06GT that made 28xrwhp with his mods... you be a good bit less being your an auto.

say buddy, they are putting down 260-265 stock.

i'm making around 288 rwhp with the intake/tune.

:pepper:

91frppgt

Banned
RealQuick said:

say buddy, they are putting down 260-265 stock.

i'm making around 288 rwhp with the intake/tune.

:pepper:

BayareaSS

Established Member
91frppgt said:
i started pulling up top, i don't think he would of pulled at all.
I doubt you were pulling up top with a 103 trap speed. The vette is lighter and has more power. You won and thats good but dont act like you were suppose to win.

Users who are viewing this thread