02-03 HD F-150's

Cammed01C5

Established Member
I am thinking about looking into getting one of these once the vette is paid off. (2 months) Was wondering if there was anything I should look out for. I have heard about the plugs popping out the head, but not much else.
Seems a lot of the ones I have seen for sale are right around the 35,k mile mark.
Just coincidence, or are people dropping them before the warranty runs out for a reason?

EnglishAdam

Established Member
I think people are dropping them because gas is expensive.

The later 03 has the 8 thread spark plug holes if it's a concern to you.
Just look foor what you would on any vehicle.

Service history and obvious care = good

Trashed looking = bad

Cammed01C5

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I really like the color combo you have, but seems they are a little harder to come by. I would be happy with an 03 Black one. The DSG in 02 just doesn't look that great to me.
Do you know if 02 and 03's had the moonroof?
Seems most of the ones I like are a good distance away from me.

Thanks for the info on the spark plug threads on the 03.

EnglishAdam

Established Member
The moonroof was an option on the 02/03.
When I was looking for an HD, it seemed that nearly all of the cars in the southern US didn't have the moonroof but a lot of Northern cars did.

Are you really in South Korea? Unless you are going to buy in the US and export one, you might have to settle for what you can find locally.

Cammed01C5

Established Member
Yes, I am in Korea. I am looking to buy when I go home for vacation. If nothing I really want is close by I will just wait till i return to the states for good. Whenever that is.

Users who are viewing this thread