01indash 6disc in an 00?

Blown00BlkBolt

Established Member
Just wondering if any one has installed or tried to install a indash 6disc from a 01-04 l into a 99-00 l? Is this swap possible and what is involved. My radio uses pins and I heard the newer indashes use bolts, is swap possible? Any help and sug. would be great. Is any body selling the stock indash 6disc??? [email protected]

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yeah, I asked this samequstion when I got my L. Its possible, most guys I believe are using the indash changer from the 04Ls or other similiarly equipped vehicles.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I haven't done it. It jus a straight forward stereo swap from what everyone has said. Even with the plugs, you just have to hit the CD button twice to get to the disc changer behind the seat to play.

Blown00BlkBolt

Established Member
Are you saying that the indash 6disc can also control the changer behind the seat??? THAT would be nice!!! I was originally trying to get rid of the changer behind the seat to install a sub. box but maybe I'll relocate the changer to under the seat. 12cd availability YEAH!:beer:

OH-MAN

Established Member
I think it can be done I put a single disc ford unit into my 00 work truck and it works fine.

TXRickC

Established Member
I traded off the stock euro tails for a guys '03 HD F150 6-disc in dash to put in my 1998 Ranger. No problems, same plug and all.

ITHAULS

GIT'R DUN
Established Member
Originally posted by Blown00BlkBolt
Are you saying that the indash 6disc can also control the changer behind the seat??? THAT would be nice!!! I was originally trying to get rid of the changer behind the seat to install a sub. box but maybe I'll relocate the changer to under the seat. 12cd availability YEAH!:beer:
It's true, plugs right in and runs both changers. Crazy huh?

ShockTherapy

Established Member
It plugs right in to the stock wiring. The only thing you will have to do on a 2001 or earlier truck is cut some of the plastic inside the dash so it will fit in. The in-dash 6 disc changer is a full double din unit and the top part of it will not fit in a 2001 or earlier truck due to some plastic supports being in the way. It took me about 10 minutes with a hand saw that uses 10" hacksaw blades to cut the plastic and put in the changer in my 2001.

I was going to take my stock changer out to save some weight, but after I realized it would control it, I kept it in.

Brian97vobra

Established Member
Originally posted by ShockTherapy
It plugs right in to the stock wiring. The only thing you will have to do on a 2001 or earlier truck is cut some of the plastic inside the dash so it will fit in. The in-dash 6 disc changer is a full double din unit and the top part of it will not fit in a 2001 or earlier truck due to some plastic supports being in the way. It took me about 10 minutes with a hand saw that uses 10" hacksaw blades to cut the plastic and put in the changer in my 2001.

I was going to take my stock changer out to save some weight, but after I realized it would control it, I kept it in.

That's what i was wondering. Because i bought one and couldn't for the life of me get it to fit all the way in.
Although i have to buy another one, since the one i got wouldn't load a cd.:mj:

Users who are viewing this thread