01GT pulleys on 01 Cobra

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
I was about to pick up a 8 rib kit for the cobra and was just about to send the cash before I realized that the pulleys were off a 01 GT. Can I still use these pulleys or are different and wont work with my car. The kit has everything for a D1SC GT minus the Crank and SC pulley. All bolts, shims, spacers and pulleys are included w/ an 8 rib belt. THX

fastback brian

Established Member
the alt pulley is different unless it was an 01 bullitt... the GT pulley has a bit more space on the back side but can be cut down to fit a cobra alt...

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
Is that the only pulley that is different and is the pulleys (w/belt) in question worth $150. Would I be better safe than sorry to find a kit specific to the 01 cobra even if I have to pay more. I really dont want to have to keep buying belts because it's not aligned correctly or getting these pulleys just to have to buy more because they dont fit. Thx again

01yellercobra

Established Member
FWIW, I paid about $150 for the 8 rib set up from Tousley and didn't get the belt, bolts, or spacers. The 8 rib kit is just pullies from a truck motor anyway.

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
I went ahead and paid for the pulleys. I'll see if they fit when I get them. If they dont then I can always resale them.

fastback brian

Established Member
the only pulley that would be different is the alt pulley if its not a bullitt, the crank, a/c and power steering are the same.. the idlers and the tensioner are the same.. not sure the belt length or spacers will work between a gt and cobra setup.. the only truck alt pulley that will work on a cobra alt is the one off the Harley/lightning s/c alts..last I checked they dont come separate..

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I tried the alternator pulley I have. It sits about 1 or 2mm's forward from the stocker. Not a big deal if you're aligning pullies anyway. The part number on mine is F65Z-10344-AA.

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I just paid for them so I have to play the waiting game now. Hopefully everything fit with minimal hassle but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread