01 vs. E90 m3

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Pulling off post I come up to a grey e90 m3. Sounded good (definetly had an exhaust). We pull away sane and drive normal. I decide to goat him by hitting it in third. He bytes hard. So he goes past me doing about 80-90 and I catch up. He slows to about 60 and I follow suit. I put it in third and wave him off. He hits it pulls about 6 inches and that was it. Instantly I pull 4 cars through 3rd and about two more through 4th. Was about a 60-135 pull. He was a good sport waved and gave the thumbs up. Still got the adrenaline shakes going on. Feels good to win another one. I think that makes it 6-0 for the Cobra.

Stupidity brought to you by Tapatalk

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice kill. I don't know what these e90s and other names mean for BMWs so what model year is that?

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Nice kill. I don't know what these e90s and other names mean for BMWs so what model year is that?

It's the body code, like New Edge, S197 or SN95 for Mustangs. Same for 993, 996, 997, etc for the Porsche 911s.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
It's the body code, like New Edge, S197 or SN95 for Mustangs. Same for 993, 996, 997, etc for the Porsche 911s.
I think it would be easier if you posted pics :lol1:
e90m3-1.jpg

Thats an E90 M3.

Good kill O.P I've always wanted to see how my Cobra would do against one of those.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I was explaining what the terms meant, not which body style they are associated with.
I know that :beer: But a pic would be helpful with the explanation to get an idea what that body code represents. Especially when you are talking about BMW's. Man was I lost before with the numbers and letters for BMW's since they change depending on the body style and body type.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I know that :beer: But a pic would be helpful with the explanation to get an idea what that body code represents. Especially when you are talking about BMW's. Man was I lost before with the numbers and letters for BMW's since they change depending on the body style and body type.

E9x is the style that started the changing of the code based on what body type. The 2001 through 2005 are all E46, and 1990-2000 3 series are all E36.

Not sure why they mixed it up a little with the E90/92/93s. Silly Germans.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
E9x is the style that started the changing of the code based on what body type. The 2001 through 2005 are all E46, and 1990-2000 3 series are all E36.

Not sure why they mixed it up a little with the E90/92/93s. Silly Germans.
And then again with the F series and now they are making it worse adding even more Lines on top of that.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I want to know why they call it an E92. What makes them pick 92? Why not an E83? There has to be some reasoning behind the number.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good kill. Im gonna guess you have an eaton swap.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I think it would be easier if you posted pics :lol1:
e90m3-1.jpg

Thats an E90 M3.

Good kill O.P I've always wanted to see how my Cobra would do against one of those.

Yes pictures help alot thanks lol. I love those model year BMWs.

I was explaining what the terms meant, not which body style they are associated with.

You explained it well and you did answer my question but I should've just asked for a picture or looked it up myself my bad. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread