01 vs 03 cobra

svTx01

Established Member
While im deployed my brother got himself a stock 03 10th vert. His only mod is a magnaflow catback. my 01 has mgw shifter, or x pipe, jlt. So how do u think i will do? I would say im a better drive. Any suggestions or mods i can do to help me out.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Your going to get walked hard.

I will say you will need full exhaust, gears, intake, tune, tire and a hell of a good driver. Go frim a dig and hope he spins and can't drive.

Almo

Established Member
While im deployed my brother got himself a stock 03 10th vert. His only mod is a magnaflow catback. my 01 has mgw shifter, or x pipe, jlt. So how do u think i will do? I would say im a better drive. Any suggestions or mods i can do to help me out.

Quick supercharger install would do the trick. :thumbsup:.

His car will be pushing 400/400 to the wheels with the exhaust you mention.

Going to be hard to make up 120 RWHP even with the weight difference, he will pull you pretty easy.

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
I have had an 01 with alot of mods(bolt on) and I now have an 04 . Unless he somehow forgets how to drive a stick shift and misses 2nd and 3rd and maybe even 4th gears your done.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Uh...no one's asked what the race will be like. Dig...I'd say you have a better shot than most will admit too.

A roll.?...yeah, you're ****ed. :lol:

evolve

Established Member
Run from a dig and hope he babies it or misses a couple of gears. Let off at 80 and you might be ahead, barely! Dont run from a roll man, for gods sake dont run from a roll.

wma8706

Established Member
A bone stock terminator vert is nearly a full second faster than your vert. High 12's low 13's compared with high 13's for your car. You'd need most bolt-ons and 4.56 gears to make it a race before he pullies the dam car.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
A bone stock terminator vert is nearly a full second faster than your vert. High 12's low 13's compared with high 13's for your car. You'd need most bolt-ons and 4.56 gears to make it a race before he pullies the dam car.

High 12s/low13s for a vert is better than average. We are talking a guy that has owned the car for a few months. high13/low 14s is not 'better than avg' for a new edge.

I do agree with the point you are trying to make, but I disagree with the ET numbers and gap that you are referring too. From a dig, I think OP has a chance, based mostly on lack of seat time. As I said, better chance than most are willing to admit. :beer:

wma8706

Established Member
High 12s/low13s for a vert is better than average. We are talking a guy that has owned the car for a few months. high13/low 14s is not 'better than avg' for a new edge.

I do agree with the point you are trying to make, but I disagree with the ET numbers and gap that you are referring too. From a dig, I think OP has a chance, based mostly on lack of seat time. As I said, better chance than most are willing to admit. :beer:

you have a point. It's just the physics of both cars envolved with both drivers being equal. a good driver vs a shitty one will always be an X-factor! From my expierence, the stock 03 vert runs close to a C5 6spd vette. The opt has a vert that weighs over 3600 lbs with driver. That car is going to need more tq or gears to get that mass moving to compete. I agree that from a dig ...it can be somewhat close. Roll racing will almost always go to the car with the better power to weight ratio.

svTx01

Established Member

Thanks ponygt65. I know I was going to lose but me thinking im a better driver would play in to my corner.

Users who are viewing this thread