01 SS

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
Excuse me if this seems a little incoherent at times I am still a little excited over the nights activities. Well it started off good enough, 3rd date with a lovely girl from the U of I, when a few kids admire my 89 GT. I've done a bit of work to the car like 3.73 gears, banshee shaker hood, no smog or cats, off road h pipe, 2 chamber flowmasters, so i tend to like compliments. WEll after we finished the date I was driving her home on brady st between kimberely and 53rd when an 01 black SS pulls up along side of me. The passenger signals me to roll down the window so I do and he asks me about the shaker because he has an 01 GT. Next thing I know the SS takes off from about a 20 mph roll. I gun the stang and the car takes off. When i get into the high RPM band the belts kind of squeel, I think from a bad belt tensioner. NExt thing I know we are at 80 mph and I am only 1 car length back. I see a stop light ahead and I slow down to avoid problems with traffic and I also have to turn to take her home. He wanted to go from a dead stop but I had to leave. I still am in shock that I only lost by 1 car from a 20 mph roll. With the 3.73 I think I could have lessend the gap, still would have probably lost though. I knew the car was fast because I have beatin' new GT and Z's but I never thought I would even have a chance with an SS. Boy I can't believe that I actually hung in there. :rolling:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by manystangs
Boy I can't believe that I actually hung in there. :rolling:

Don't sell your Fox short, dude. You've got a relatively light car with a great motor, virtually no restriction, gears and, most importantly, a driver that's trying to impress a "new" lady :D.

The only race I've had with an SS was a stoplight run with a red '00 six-speed and he was EXTREMELY surprised that a relatively (K&N and Flows) stock Cobra could run bumper-to-bumper with him from 0-80 (where we had to break it off due to traffic...). :rolling:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Manystangs, nice race! Watch out on Brady St, police tend to frequent that stretch quite a bit. Have you ever taken your Stang to the track? We should all go to Cordova here this fall. Hopefully Steve will have his ride back by then, and Sohowcome will hopefully have his Lightning.

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
I've actually never taken the car to cordova, I've thought about it a lot though. I would like to see what kind of times I could get out of the car. The only problem is i don't drive the car a lot so some times my shifting is a little suspect. Thanks for the support guys....

Mikie2001GT

The Ghost with the Most !
Established Member
Nice run !

Im with Jimbo on that... Dont you dare sell yourself short , the F-bods are strong , but not unbeatable by no means.:r:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Manystangs................. you are braver than I, those smokies are pretty thick on brady :D I think the fastest I have ever dared on that road is about 70.. .nice catch up with "an old stang" you should be happy..................... :D Guys with SS's sometimes have biggre mouths than driving skils.................

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
I usually dont't run on brady, but when will i ever run into a new SS at 11:30 pm with pretty much no traffic? I usually drive my car like an old lady, but i guess that's why it is still in good condition and I have NO speeding tickets!

Users who are viewing this thread