01 Silver Cobra w/88k

Michaelslilgray

I need more gas...
Established Member
I just bought a cobra convert of the same year.... it was flawless paint... got it for 9,992... from a dealer no less.. had less miles too and completely bone stock..

1badnacobra

Established Member
I just bought a cobra convert of the same year.... it was flawless paint... got it for 9,992... from a dealer no less.. had less miles too and completely bone stock..

This car has flawless paint and its a coupe. Not many people want verts, so not surprised at the deal you got.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
that doesnt make it worth 11k

I hate to see people talk down a guys car value ,when they have not even seen it in person. If you don't like the valuation, just move along. Keep in mind, your choking the value of your own car when you do this.

Also remember there can be a ton of variation in price from region to region.

There is a guy that parks near me with a beutiful TR 99 Cobra. Its super clean, but looks to have mileage. If that was my car, there's NO WAY I would let it got for under 9k.

Last edited:

1badnacobra

Established Member
Ill take 10.5k but no less because of all the low ball offers and people with 99's wanting to buy a 01 for what their car is woth.

Last edited:

1badnacobra

Established Member
I hate to see people talk down a guys car value ,when they have not even seen it in person. If you don't like the valuation, just move along. Keep in mind, your choking the value of your own car when you do this.

Also remember there can be a ton of variation in price from region to region.

There is a guy that parks near me with a beutiful TR 99 Cobra. Its super clean, but looks to have mileage. If that was my car, there's NO WAY I would let it got for under 9k.

thanks,:beer:

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
thanks,:beer:

Your certainly welcome, but its not necessary! I know there are a lot of cases where the value of these cars is artificially soft right now. I think it has to do with the economy, and whats going on in the new-car mustang world.

Keep in mind, it doesn't take much for the value of collectible cars to go crazy. After 9/11 values of classic muscle cars jumped up. Rumers that Ford is bringing back the 'cobra' as the flagship muscle car could also help. As soon as production of GT500s stops, collectors are going to start latching on to them. Trickle down affect will impact all shelby/cobra mustangs.

So to all you bottom feeders: don't sit on your chump change for too long!! Its only going to get harder to find nice clean examples of these awsome cars. Pretty soon there wont be many 'average joe' sellers, and you will have to go to dealers or classic auctions to find that 'car of your dreams'.

Users who are viewing this thread