01 Lightning

redrocker

Established Member
Just found this site and wanted to get some info...My dad just gave me his lightning and it is competley stock with 14,000 miles on it what r some good upgrades to do to it first? Exhaust ? Pulleys ?

Last edited:

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Just saw your in league city too, register on lightningrodder also. It's just for our trucks and the 1st gen. L's. Once you get more mods and go fast parts go get it tuned at PSI in Webster. They deal with mainly cobras and L's. I'll be giving them mine in 2 weeks.

Sent from your Lubrizolsfin3st
iPhone using Tapatalk

redrocker

Established Member
No he did not drive it much at all...he had the lightning a 06 vette and a 94 impala ss with 31,000 miles on it....he asked me witch one i want and i picked the lightning....it kills him but doc says he should not be driving anymore....I will try and get some pics but with all the rain might take a couple days...it is black tho...

Last edited:

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Nice my bro has an 08 C6, my dad has 96 impala with a 01 Zo6 motor and he put his LT1 from impala into his S-10. Cool though, sorry to hear about the fact he's not suppose to drive

iPhone using Tapatalk

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
U can't miss my truck, just yell at me if u see me around town. I wouldn't mind seeing what a nice lightning looks like

iPhone using Tapatalk

lasvegasguy12

Established Member
No he did not drive it much at all...he had the lightning a 06 vette and a 94 impala ss with 31,000 miles on it....he asked me witch one i want and i picked the lightning....it kills him but doc says he should not be driving anymore....I will try and get some pics but with all the rain might take a couple days...it is black tho...

Good choice unless you were going through some mid life crisis then it would have been the Vette.

MikeyP60

Established Member
My Lightning was and still is the answer to mid-life crisis. Got it at 65 and no plans of getting rid of it:thumbsup:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Sorry to hear your dad can't drive anymore, but that is an awesome gift. Sounds like he really took care of that truck; hopefully you'll do the same! Welcome aboard.

redrocker

Established Member
Oh it will be garage kept like it has bin its whole life and it is not my daily driver so i will keep the miles low on it....my daily is a 08 silverado quad with a 5-7 drop and 24's with some mods but now i have the lightning to work on....

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
24's man u need those 30's on that video that was posted. That's cool though to have a lightning just waiting in the garage for ya. I hate putting so many miles on mine. From 47k last year and now reads 61k and climbing.

iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

emig5m

Hear it WHINE!
Established Member
Just found this site and wanted to get some info...My dad just gave me his lightning and it is competley stock with 14,000 miles on it what r some good upgrades to do to it first? Exhaust ? Pulleys ?

I wanna see pics!

4a7191a

Established Member
first mod should be a tune up with ngk tr6's plugs and fuel filter, change your valve body too. punisher VB FTW there. while the pans off, install new filter and your doing a halfway trans flush while doing this mod.
cold air, pulley,then exhaust... i wouldnt do a mid pipe, just do headers, saves money in the longer run. catback.. your choice, they make close to the same power, some are louder than others. get a sweet tune and enjoy a 400+ rwhp DD truck :)

header wise i ran OBX headers midpipe kit. i used the gaskets supplied in the kit, still no leaks and 15k miles on them. they blued pretty bad, but stainless tends to do that. for the price im very happy, considering they were cheaper than a magaflow midpipe kit.

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
+1 on the punisher VB, it's sick. Took brother for a drive a few weeks back and he thought the transmission was about to fall apart and the dash was going to split in two. Awesome
Also don't forget if you do that mod go ahead and change to a 4x4 pan, it has a drain plug and get the correct filter for it. Cheap mod and helps out truck as well. Register on Lightningrodder too

iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread