01 lightning purchase

Jaysvt99

Established Member
Hey guys just picked up a 01 L after looking at 5 in my area this one was the best out of the 5. It's got 60k miles excellent condition number 513 vermillion red. All original except a pulley, intake and previos owner said a shift kit. Just wondering what you guys think I will put up pics ASAP. Truck drives great it has a one piece rear window.

4a7191a

Established Member
Awesome deal on the new truck. With the lower installed I'd get the tune checked out . Never know who did the original work and if the tuner was any good. My truck had a crappy dangerously lean tune on it when I purchased it.

Jaysvt99

Established Member
Thanks I will get some pics up asap yea i tried to get as much info as i could from the dealer i bought the truck at with the few things it had done to it. The only thing i did notice is it does shift hard sometimes.

Jaysvt99

Established Member
Thanks for responding i wanna do a tune I have to find a place by me that does them. I also need the rear window gasket around the plastic trim. Thats a hard find from what i have been researching. The truck seems solid

Jroc

Established Member
Can you buy a performance shift kit for a 4R100? Most people just do a performance valve body.

Hopefully that's what your truck has as performance VB > performance shift kit.

Congrats either way. Hope you like it. These are easy trucks to like IMO.

Jaysvt99

Established Member
I love the truck a always wanted one. I'm gonna start checking on the upgrades that were Done once it warms up here in jersey lol. I am hoping the shift kit is what u said and not something to difficult. I still can't locate that rear window seal it seems to be hard to get.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ive never heard of anyone doing a shift kit... for mechanical stuff Ive only seen valve bodies and the line mod thing (not familiar with it though). Then of course theres shift pressure via tune

Isnt JDM in NJ? Id have them look it over and put a new tune on it personally

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Line mod can increase pressure to a point but it's crap compared to a vb that's done right. Like punisher or blowerslut. Line mod is cheaper but after the work, could have just done a vb. And it's not the best to increase pressure via a tuner. Maybe by a little till you get a vb. What size is the lower pulley. +1 on checking tune and most likey need a better maf.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
does it have any kind of oil separator?

if not probably a good idea to get a jug of purple power and a set of TR6s. Yank the blower and clean the sludge out of the intercooler/turkey pan and put some fresh plugs in

Jaysvt99

Established Member
Not sure we got pounded with snow here. I will investigate first chance I can lol. So any issues or quirks with these trucks just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread