01 Lightning, 23K? What to do!!!

cartersfosicks

New to the L
Established Member
This is my first post here so let me introduce my self. I own a 99 black cobra, and a 96 gt. I live in good ol florida. Well i have been wanting a 03-04 cobra or a nice lightning 01-04. so i was driving today and a black 01 lightning caught my attention. The truck has 25K miles, black. They are asking 23K bucks for it.

My main question, what does a stock 01 lightning do 0-60 and 1/4 mile?
And, if you were me, would you trade in the 99 cobra with 114k miles for this truck?

thanks,
Derek

cartersfosicks

New to the L
Established Member
o yeah, the truck is at a ford dealership and comes with a 90 day warranty, so i will talk them down a couple thousand.....
what would win in a race, my cobra or the truck?

Tonka Toy

Established Member
I would say the truck would win in a race.

My L stock ran a 13.4 in the 1/4 mile with a shitty 2.02 60 foot.

davidwnuc

Established Member
truck for sure...
i have an 01 oxford white it had 55,xxx mile and i paid 18,xxx for it from a dealership. it was/is bone stock and i love it. if you don't get it you WILL regret it. just my opinion good luck and let us know.
david

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
To help you decide...compare the insurance cost on the L to that of the 03/04 Cobra you are also considering. The L insurance will likely even be less than your 99 Cobra. That alone may help you decide. The insurance on my 98 GT DD is considerably more than my 01 L! :thumbsup:

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
An 01 L or a Terminator? Ack thats a hard one... I think Id take the car. Id trade a 99 Cobra for an L in a heartbeat though.

squirellracing

white lightning
Established Member
truck for sure...
i have an 01 oxford white it had 55,xxx mile and i paid 18,xxx for it from a dealership. it was/is bone stock and i love it. if you don't get it you WILL regret it. just my opinion good luck and let us know.
david

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ouch thats a kick in the face...ive seen L's around me with that mileage going for 16,5

i got my L for 18,500 with 37k on the clock i mean talk em down there is room to work..i sell cars for a living trust me bro there is room to work i got mine down 3k in 5 minutes ..play the game of this is what i want it for and if they dont budge get up and walk...if they dont chase you walk around the lot a little bit looking at the truck and go back in and be like look i really want the truck what is the best number you can give me ? take that number minus 500 if they wont do that be like fine ill do it for that price but include tax and tags ..trust me its all a head game they play with you

2tonOfun

Established Member
I was a Mustang guy for 10 years and sold a blown Fox to buy my truck. I haven't regreted it once.
Although, you should be able to get a better deal, especially in Florida.
I payed 23K for an 03 with 18k miles in Arizona. Here in California they are pricey. I would take your time and look for THE truck (I took a year!).
I would look for an 03 or newer personally.
Oh and look out for hurricane Katrina trucks down there.

Users who are viewing this thread