01 IRS spindle

A stallion

Established Member
I am doing an IRS swap on my 2000 Mustang . I already installed the IRS on the car and I am running 10.5 in the back. The car is on the jack stand now , I trired the spindle forward or backwards while the rims on. I thought the subframe bolt are the issue , so I ordered the MM low profile .I even tried to move the spindle without the rims on the driver side moves but the passenger side doesnt . Knowing that the IRS brakes driveshaft and E-brake is not hooked. so I installed the 10.5 rims to try it that way again but still the drive side moves and the passanger side doesn't ?

Please advised

01yellercobra

Established Member
What do you mean it's not moving? Are you trying to cycle the suspension or turn the tire? If it's turn the tire have you tried it without the caliper bolted on?

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

A stallion

Established Member
What do you mean it's not moving? Are you trying to cycle the suspension or turn the tire? If it's turn the tire have you tried it without the caliper bolted on?

yes move it in a cycle . because I am doing a swap for a complete drive train and I am trying to push the car now to get it outside of the garage but it won't move like it's on gear or the E-brake On . so I will try taking the caliper bolt out. like I said the driver side the tire turn but not the passanger side

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think you mean circle. By cycling I mean moving the suspension up and down. Anyway...

Take the wheel, caliper, and rotor off. See if the hub turns. If it doesn't then either something is broken in the diff or the hub bearing is frozen. If it does turn mount the rotor and caliper back on. If it doesn't turn then something is wrong with the caliper. If it does, mount the wheel. If it doesn't turn at this point start looking for where it's rubbing.

I have 315's on my car with the stock IRS bolt. With the car on the ground I have plenty of clearance. But if the car is lifted and the suspension is at full droop the tires hit the bolt.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
What diameter are your rims? The rim my be hitting the toe link attachment point on the knuckle and possibly the toe link as well.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I dont know it's the built ones but even without the rims the hub is not turning

If the hub is not turning at all without a wheel on it, that sounds like it could be a caliper or e-brake issue. You're going to have to take the caliper off as a starting point to determine what's causing the binding.

Report back with your findings.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread