01 gt help

01_Svt venom

Established Member
I have a 2001 mustang gt that will not start. It cranks over fast and acts like it wants to start but then it wont. Ive checked plugs and coils and it seems to be getting fuel. The only other thing i can figure is some of the plugs seem to have a lot of fuel on them. Would i have a stuck open injector? If so how could i tell which one it was? Any other ideas or help would be appreciated.

yellowsc281

Established Member
if it was a single coil or injector the vehicle would start and run like crap. Turn over no start from mustangs sounds like a bad crank sensor. We just did one 2 weeks ago at my shop

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
I was initially thinking the fuel pump is dead from what you're saying but you also said it's getting fuel so I dunno.
These fuel pumps will die when the car sits. Then you you go to start it and you got spark but wont turn over. I've had to change 2 99-04 GT fuel pumps so far and it happened like that. Guy goes out to car one day and it just won't turn over even though the battery, starter is good and its got fuel in the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread