01 Finally in the 12's

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
Well, today I reached my goal for the season up at Cecil County Dragway in MD!!! I broke into the 12's! Only thing I did different was remove the front sway bar. This was with pretty much full weight in my 01. I am happy to have reached my goal for this season. I'll have to start getting her ready for next season over the winter. Here is my best run from today.

TEMP F. 32 DEG
REL HUMID 29
BARO 29.15

R/T .161
60' 1.913
330 5.451
1/8 8.350
MPH 84.28
1000 10.855
1/4 12.951
MPH 108.06

snake bite 03

nice job man..12.9's were my goal but all i got was a 13.2 but not to bad for being on 245 street tires, ill be in the 12's next season.

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Thanks bud! Your car is easily there with those mods. Just drive the shit out of it! :) Get some drag radials, they make huge difference. BFG 275/40/17's fit on our stock rims. I have mine mounted on the stock 17x8's

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
SnakeinMD said:
Thanks bud! Your car is easily there with those mods. Just drive the shit out of it! :) Get some drag radials, they make huge difference. BFG 275/40/17's fit on our stock rims. I have mine mounted on the stock 17x8's

How do those things do around corners?

SnakeinMD

Established Member
97Stangv6 said:
How do those things do around corners?
I have no problems driving with the Drag Radials on an everyday basis. I think they are great all around in DRY weather.

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
I drive my 03 with bfg drags all the time. Great traction but stay out of heavy rain and they dont last long. Great job on the 12.9

Last edited:

Cobra601

Established Member
SNAKEinMD, sorry fopr jackin the thread but can you tell me what springs you have? the car looks good and how is the ride :rolling: ?

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
SnakeinMD said:
I have no problems driving with the Drag Radials on an everyday basis. I think they are great all around in DRY weather.

Sorry i ment like, Do they do good around corners like say NT555 would? Say with 30-40psi. do the sidewall hold up when cornering hard like pushing the tire to its traction limit on a highway on/off ramp?

Thanks.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
97Stangv6 said:
Sorry i ment like, Do they do good around corners like say NT555 would? Say with 30-40psi. do the sidewall hold up when cornering hard like pushing the tire to its traction limit on a highway on/off ramp?

Thanks.

You will want to show a little caution taking a corner very hard with a 275 DR radial on an 8" rim. Since the tire isn't a wrinkle wall, it is pretty good, but you have to be aware of it. I have run them for years that way on the street and haven't had any issues. However, if I were to ever run an autocross or road race, I would step back down to a 255 on the 8" rim just to make myself feel better.

Oh yeah -- good job on getting into the 12's MD.

Last edited:

SnakeinMD

Established Member
Cobra601 said:
SNAKEinMD, sorry fopr jackin the thread but can you tell me what springs you have? the car looks good and how is the ride :rolling: ?

Actually, I just cut my springs. 1 coil fornt and 3/4 coil rear with no isolators. ride pretty good. hard over bumps and scrapes over speedbumps though! lol. But I like it. It is not my daily driver so no biggie for the harsh ride.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
good job man, it must be that front bumper that did it for you.
our times look almost identical cept i didnt get 12's yet

i figure now that im procharged ill just go ahead and skip over the 12's

J

Users who are viewing this thread