'01 DSG Cobra

juicedgt02

Established Member
'01 Mineral Gray

The car has 8k miles and was driven by a 46 year old man, well 49 now. Just wondering how much a car like this worth? Here is a lil story for you, back in 2001 my dad buys a 01 Cobra for my youngest brother as a graduation present, my bro doesn't finish school so my dad wants to sell the car :bash: He asked if I wanted, but I like my GT, he asked my other brother if he wants it but he is happy with his saleen. So the 01 is for sale and I just don't know what is a good price to aske for it. The car was always covered for winter and it was under a tent, it was taken care of like a 4th brother :coolman: I know I don't have to list options, but please help me, help my dad sell this car and his losses not to be huge :eek:

Last edited:

fvksvtperf

Banned
01 is a beautiful car man.....if you can get a good price you better take it....I wish I would have gotten an 01 instead of my 99 but such is life

juicedgt02

Established Member
yea the car is stock, the only thing it has is a drop-in K&N filter. it has 8k with change miles not sure exactly but less than 9k, the car was driven by my father in summer only. He says he likes his civic better :dw: but did enjoy the trips he took with it. Actualy if I could sell me 02 GT, maybe I could get it, I enjoy reading about your races in the cobras and 7K rpm redline :pepper: I looked under the hood yesterday and you can tell that the car hasn't even seen wet road, but was outside when it rained :( thanks for replies

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Shit man, that things is prob easily work 20grand, but good luck getting that for it, and esp around the holidays. hang on to it for a little while, and when spring pops up, sell ure GT and get the snake, esp if u can make a deal with ure dad where u just take the cobra and giv ehim whatever u get for your GT. Have you ever driven the Cobra?

juicedgt02

Established Member
not this one, I used to have a 95 Cobra and after I took my old man for a ride in my 02GT, he said "there is no way you are coming near this car" hehe I want to take it, but my GT has some $$$ in it and I don't know if I want to spend the money all over again. my best mods on my GT are 3.73 and nitrous. I would hate to give up the TQ to drive a stock car, and his Cobra looks so good being "untouched"

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Umm, that cobra will molest ure gt. What size shot are you running? and u can take the N2O off the Gt, and use the same kit on the cobra, and have a damn near 400hp car. Give up torque? Are u nuts? That untouched cobra should put close to 275 to the wheels. Cat back, x pipe, intake and pullies, ($1000) and you have 300 rwhp. Slap on the juice, 400.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
To add clarity, you would ahve to spray, and probably a hundred shot, to beat that Cobra. You could prob due it with a 75 shot and those gears.

Mattz

Established Member
I'd take the Cobra as well, but I wouldn't put NOS on it, but that's just me. If you were to sell it you shouldn't have any problems getting around 18 or so...

juicedgt02

Established Member
Crackerballer said:
Umm, that cobra will molest ure gt. What size shot are you running? and u can take the N2O off the Gt, and use the same kit on the cobra, and have a damn near 400hp car. Give up torque? Are u nuts? That untouched cobra should put close to 275 to the wheels. Cat back, x pipe, intake and pullies, ($1000) and you have 300 rwhp. Slap on the juice, 400.
My GT with the 125 shot put down 365rwhp and 490TQ :thumbsup: and If I do end up with it, I am not sure if I would put the juice on it, I really like the car stock, except maybe some 4.30s :p I am not putting the car down, I actually would love to have it, I was just saying that I wouldn't want to spend money to mod the car and would miss the hit from nitrous. Everytime I look at the 7k redline I :D :burnout:

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Yea I got you, not trying to be mean. You really need to drive the car to appreciate it. The IRS will ride alot smoother than that solid rear. How fast is your gt at the track? So are u gonna try to get the cobra, or is he just looking to sell it?

juicedgt02

Established Member
well I will know after xmass
How fast is your gt at the track?
well I could never get any traction on street tires, but on a highway I raced my buddys 03 Cobra with couple of bolt-ons and not to start any flame wars but if I didn't go empty I would be wearing some snake boots, hehe. My wife says that I am obsessed with the word "COBRA" and I always want one, and my GT always will be "just a GT" I want a cobra really bad. I will be looking for some advice on how to make the IRS stronger and take some abuse.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Just get the Cobra. With your numbers, I am impressed you beat an 03, esp with bolt ons. It's hard to believe. But trust me, you should be obsessed with the word Cobra, there is alot to be infatuated with.

juicedgt02

Established Member
quick01snake said:
yeah i though only mineral grey was available in 01??
you might be right on the color, I will get some pics :read:

EDIT: it is Mineral Gray :shrug: I am not sure what I was thinking :smmon:

Last edited:

juicedgt02

Established Member
Crackerballer said:
Just get the Cobra. With your numbers, I am impressed you beat an 03, esp with bolt ons. It's hard to believe. But trust me, you should be obsessed with the word Cobra, there is alot to be infatuated with.
I didn't beat it but, i came very close, he pulled me in 4th and this was just a highway burst 60-120 :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread