01 corba ticking need help

corba9696

i just got a 01 corba about 2 week's ago.And there's a ticking sound comeing from the drivers side head. you cant hear it if your looking at the eng...but if you stand on the driver's side it's just ticking away . when you rev it up it get's faster to about 2g then stop's ticking .. the guy at the ford place said that they all do that ,,But i think he's bull sh#ting me. And you can realy hear it if you put your head buy the front tire ....it's just pissing me off .bc i know there's some thing worng but i dont know what it is ...and that ford is bull sh*ting me around .....so if any one can help out let me know thx 's ..........

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I think mine does that somewhat and I've heard of it on other 4.6 Cobras before. From my understanding, Cobras are just subject to more valvetrain noise and I know its not my oil because I keep in check and properly filled to specification. I would think that if it was noticably loud, then you'd have real problems.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
mine does that. The guy at ford told me it was injectors clicking. He said if they stop to come back and see him and there was nothing to worry about.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Mine does it every day! I've had mine for a year and a half, been driving it hard, and the ticking has never gotton worse or better so I just turn the radio so I cant hear it anymore

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
i thought mine was injector tick until it kept getting worse and worse, then 2 rod bearings failed...after the dealer told me more than once that nothing was wrong....

i'd keep a close eye on your oil consumption....if it gets worse, you have some issues...

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
It may not be the injectors ticking. Mine makes a clicking sound too, but it isn't the injectors. Does your car only click when the A/C is on? If so, next time you hear it click, turn the A/C off. The condenser in the A/C can make a clicking noise. After a few weeks of fumbling around trying to figure out what itwas, I found out it is the condenser. I heard the click, turned off the A/C, and no more click. Give it a try.

BK24

Copter Doctor
Established Member
I haven't checked to see if Fords are that way but my Jeeps will kick the air unit on when you have it set to defroster. I ended up unplugging mine for th ewinter to avoid it kicking on.

Users who are viewing this thread